For many years the Congress has established itself as a platform for adjacent sectors and related topic areas, which means that - in addition to the passenger vehicle industry - the focus this year will also be placed on another industry and subject area.
This year’s focus lies on electrified powertrains and transmissions in mobile machines. The unique benefit for the participants: The entrance to the parallel running conferences is free of charge. This is the best way for having an information exchange across industries and fields of work.
International VDI Conference “EDrive“- Integral Development of Electrified Powertrains
The development of partially and fully electrified powertrains poses a true challenge and requires the ability to take a system-wide view across all areas: Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering.
That’s exactly where the new international conference “EDrive“ comes in. System architects, power train designers and experts for subsystems are invited to share their views on current solutions from research and industry.
Topics covered at the 2 sessions, taking place at the same time, will include:
- Layout of the electrical engine
- Integration of semiconductor power modules
- Optimisation ideas of the overall system
- New concepts on e-axles, hybrid modules and 48-hybrids
- Transmission topologies in electrified drives
The specialist programme is prepared with the support of the programme committee, which is made up of top-flight industry experts:
- Dr. Andreas Docter, Daimler, Stuttgart
- Dr. Michael Ebenhoch, ZF Friedrichshafen, Schweinfurt
- Thomas Pfund, LuK GmbH & Co. KG, Bühl
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dirk Uwe Sauer, RWTH Aachen
- Dr. Andreas Schamel, Ford-Werke GmbH, Aachen (Tagungsleitung)
- Rudolf Stark, Conti Temic microelectronic GmbH, Nürnberg
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Tenberge, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Responsible for the program: Daniela Kunst, E-Mail: kunstvdide
5th International VDI Conference "Transmissions in mobile machines"
On 27 and 28 June 2018 numerous national and international experts, who are involved in the development and design of transmissions for mobile machines, will be gathering again.
We would like to discuss following topics:
- Solutions from the agricultural and construction machinery industry to reduce consumption and CO₂
- Current gear concepts for land, construction and forestry machines as well as other mobile applications
- New systems for electric drives
- Solutions for optimizing components and subsystems in the drive Train
- Benefits of system engineering
Chairman of the conference is Prof. Dr. Ludger Frerichs, Head of Chair, Institute for mobile machines and commercial vehicles, Technical University of Braunschweig. A high ranked advisory board supports VDI Wissensforum with the program.
- Dr.-Ing. Hagen Adam, AVL Tractor Engineering Germany GmbH, Neuss
- Dipl.-Ing. Tilo Huber, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Passau
- Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Graner, Liebherr-Components Biberach GmbH, Biberach
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Höhn, John Deere Company, Moline (USA)
- Dr.-Ing. Christof Lamparski, Bosch Rexroth GmbH, Dortmund
- Dr.-Ing. Florian Mulzer, ACGO GmbH, Marktoberdorf
- Dr.-Ing. Gunnar Stein, Oerlikon Drive Systems GmbH, Pfäffikon (Schweiz)
Responsible for the conference program: Anne Bieler-Bultmann M.A., E-Mail: bieler-bultmannvdide