Call for papers has expired.
Call for Papers for the 18th International VDI Congress ELIV 2017
Since the 1980s the ELIV Congress has had a truly notable impact in the field of automotive electronics. The exchange of views amongst vehicle manufacturers and suppliers has made the congress to become a must-be event, where innovations, developments and issues can be identified at an early stage. This event provides the backdrop where current topics are addressed while at the same time new trends are set and the essential groundwork for decision-making in the automotive industry is laid.
Take a leading role in shaping the future of electronics in automotive engineering and submit your contribution by 20 March 2017.
Focal Topics 2017
We welcome presentation offers on the following topics:
- HEMS (Home Energy Management System)
- Fast charging
- Charging Infrastructure
- Next Gen – Fast DC Charging
- “CHARGIN” Overview
- Battery systems / -management / -technologies
- Planning intelligent charging
- Standardisation inductive charging
- Data fusion
- Data analytics
- Integration of the vehicle into the driver’s life
- IT meets Automotive
- Location based services
- (White Label) Content Services
- Use cases
- Vehicle Health Management
- Deep Learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Value-added services (Offboard)
- Secure Backend Communication (Offboard IT)
- App & Service development
- FOD (Function on demand)
- HW- Upgradeability
- Cloud computing
- Onboard security
Smart + Connected Vehicle
- Quo vadis Infotainment?
- GBIT vs. EMV vs. Cost
- Sharing economy
- Remote diagnosis
- Data-driven applications
- Connect assistence systems
- New swarm data applications
- New services in the automotive world
- Digital key
On our Way to Highly Automated Driving
- Automated Driving functions level 2-5
- Living space in car
- HAD – Environment modelling
- HAD – Sensor technologies (LIDAR, Video, Radar)
- HAD – Prediction methods
- HD Maps
- Sensors / SET
- Intelligent lighting systems
- Fields of application machine learning / deep learning
- Charging while parked
- Strategies and marginal conditions HAF
- Lighting technology
Vehicle Wiring System 2025
- Package integration
- Physical architecture
- Automotive Wiring Harness
- 48 V
End to End E/E-Architecture
- Thermal management
- High integration computer
- Car Computing
- Software architecture
- Agile development
- End to End Architecture
- Data Policy & Privacy
- On/Off board Security
- Penetration Test
- Head Up technologies
- Remote HMI
- New input modalities
- Multimodal input
- Mechatronic integration
- Augmented reality
- Bodywork technologies
- Multi touch points HMI
- Display technology
- Voice-operated service
Methods + Test
- Automated testing
- Agile development
- Test & approval of automated driving functions
- Virtual validation
- ISO 26262
- Transition components to function-based development
Furthermore, submissions can be made on the cross-sectional topics
- Legal framework
- Impetus given from other industries
Tips & Tricks - Evaluation criteria of Abstracts
Following the expiration of the submission deadline, the programme committee will review all submitted papers. In order to bring more transparency and clarity into the selection procedure and criteria, the latter are outlined below. In line with that, submitters are requested to critically examine their paper prior to submission to determine whether all questions can be readily answered. It is important to bear in mind that the abstract including all further information should not be longer than one DINA4 page.
- Currentness: Is the topic of current or future relevance in industry and / or science? Has this presentation already been held at another event?
- Level of innovation: Are there any new approaches / ideas or has the product / method already been in use?
- Topic relevance: Is the topic relevant for the congress? Does the topic recur among the main focal areas?
- Level of development: Is the product / service mentioned in the contribution likely to enter series production in the near future or has it already entered series production?
- Holistic approach: Is there a holistic view?
- Application-oriented: Is the innovation / solution already implementable? Are there any field reports? What benefits of the presentation can be derived by the audience?
- Scientific Level: Are there any references?
- Does the presentation contain a strategic statement, does it provide guidance or recommendations or suggestions for standardization?
Quality of the Abstract
- Have the formal framework conditions been followed when submitting the abstract? (1 DINA4 page)
- Can a common thread be detected?
- Scope of topic?
- In-depth knowledge?
- Are the facts well-structured and easy to understand?
Profile of the speaker
- How many years experience in the automotive business?
Submit your contribution now!
Is there a subject you are passionate about? Does it happen to be of broad interest and is it in line with the key topics? Are you familiar with the tips and tricks? Then it’s time to sit down, switch on your computer and draw up your abstract.
Content of your abstract
- The pertinent title of your presentation
- Details on the presenter and the co-author(s) (names and contact data)
- A content summary itemizing specific information
- A statement on the level and scope of technological innovation
- An assignment to a focal program topic (please provide this in your abstract, too)
- A list of publications referring to the topic to be addressed
- The abstract may be written in German or English
- Layout and formatting: There are no explicit requirements here. Just use the layout etc. which is common in your business.
- The abstract should not exceed one DIN A4 page.
In the interest of all participants, we would like to ask you to abstain from pure product presentations. The Congress should be focused on sharing views on the most recent solutions, products, developments and technologies.
What are the next steps? – Time frame and notification of accepted speakers
- The closing date for abstracts is 6 March 2017.
- In January or February all submitters will receive a questionnaire, which has to be returned to us by the end of March at the latest. The information contained herein will be included in the congress programme. Don’t worry – if you receive a confirmation, you will have a chance to amend details at a later stage.
- In late April the programme committee will be gathering, to put together the congress programme.
- Shortly afterwards / in early May latest you will be notified whether your contribution has been accepted or not.
- Subsequently, the congress programme will be arranged based on your details. The finished manuscript together with your CV will only be required by 21 July 2017.
- Approximately 4 – 6 weeks prior to the event we will require 3 – 4 key statements characterizing your paper (outlining the main points) - graphs and charts to enhance understanding are welcome. A template will be provided.
- We look forward to seeing you in Bonn from 18 – 19 October 2017. Then you can hand your presentation to the event organisation. It won’t be needed beforehand.
Further information about your presentation
- The manuscript as well as the presentation slides must be written in English.
- The presentation can be given in either English or German. Simultaneous translation will be provided.
- The allotted timeframe for the presentation is 25 minutes with subsequent discussion of appr. 5 min.
- The authors of accepted lectures undertake to submit a detailed manuscript (maximum 10 – 12 pages). The manuscripts will be published in a VDI report and in the download section on the homepage.
- All speakers will be registered by the VDI Wissensforum, which means that you won’t need to register separately. Please note that only one speaker per presentation can be registered free of charge.