3rd Gen Blockchain Technologies and its application to Transportation Scenarios
This workshop provides an overview of the evolution of blockchain from Gen1 (Bitcoin) over Gen2 (Ethereum) to Gen3 (IOTA) and introduces to the basic concept with a focus on deriving solution approaches for secure transactions for connected/autonomous vehicles, their environments and infrastructure (C2X).
IOTA – The new base protocol?!
Currently the IoT world is fragmented. Instead, one common protocol is needed to handle all of the data. IOTA’s goal is to be the base protocol which every company can use to enable their IoT-devices to connect. Benefits and fields of application of the technology are manifold:
- Better overall quality (e.g. through sensor-regulation)
- Optimized production times (machine-to-machine payments, improved workflows…)
- Predictive maintenance to reduce costs (machines/ vehicles alerting about possible problems in advance)
- Quality control (through sensors)
- (Automotive) Supply chain optimization instead of every single component and software (tamper-proof and fast)
- Efficient mobility: autonomous driving enables new forms of car-sharing & reduces emissions, new Aftersales Service, etc.
- Environment-friendly: wise management of natural resources (intelligent power grids and waste management…)
- Improved transparency (e-voting, e-governance, …)
- Machine/ Vehicle learning
In this workshop participants are encouraged to introduce their own questions and problems, with the intention to derive solutions based on blockchain technology. Possible interactive transactions such as e-charging, parking, tollway fee payment, pre-booking of maintenance or parking space at certain locations or anything with a relation to secure identification and authentication of transaction participants are preferred, but other scenarios may be discussed upon group consensus. Depending on the participants’ background, expertise and experience, focus may shift between In car/ECU, Car2X, Environment/Infrastructure or backend technologies. Subject matter expertise in data privacy, security and first blockchain exposure is welcome, but not mandatory. A basic understanding of IT infrastructures, TCP/IP and/or IT Security is a plus. Depending on the number of participants further sub-topics can be discussed in a breakout session.
This interactive workshop is the ideal accompaniment to the VDI conference “Smart Cars & Urban Mobility”, taking a deep dive into one of the most important technologies for the future of automotive.
Breakout Sessions – Planned topics include:
Discussion and Conclusion
Your Workshop Chair
This workshop is moderated by Sebastian Rohr CTO & Managing Director APIIDA AG/accessec GmbH. He is Member of the IOTA #idot group and specialised in security in production environments, especially Manufacturing and Automotive.
Benefit from our Package Price: Conference + Workshop
Secure your personal discounted package price by booking the first international VDI Conference “Smart Cars & Urban Mobility” in combination with the international Workshop taking place the day prior to the conference, November 27th, 2018.
(Please note that the number of participants is limited. Registrations and individual parts and segments of the workshop are subject to confirmation)