International VDI Conference - Additive Manufacturing
Please note, that this event takes place in English.
In case you prefer the german version of this site, click here.
- Benefit from high class presentations and use cases by international top-speakers.
- Learn everything about the strategic aspects of a successful implementation of Additive Manufacturing.
- Use this cross-industry platform to exchange experiences with international stakeholders and expand your professional network.
- Register for the “Additive Manufacturing” conference and visit our parallel conference on “Simulation in Automotive Lightweight Engineering” free of extra Charge.
At the first international VDI Conference “Additive Manufacturing”, taking place in Amsterdam on April 25-26, 2018, you will learn everything about the current chances and challenges of Additive Manufacturing in a superordinate context. The conference provides a cross-industry platform for the management and experts responsible for Additive Manufacturing by encouraging knowledge transfer between participants and enhancing discussions about the impacts and strategic questions of the technology at corporate level.
Additive Manufacturing: Disruptive technology and innovation Driver
The need for lighter and increasingly complex designs, which partly can solely be realised through Additive Manufacturing, is constantly growing. Joining the pioneers from the aviation industry, many other industry sectors like automotive, machine and plant engineering, construction or healthcare have already begun to implement the disruptive manufacturing technology into their process chains. On the way to a continuous product realization process, it is important to overcome various strategic challenges to ensure an efficient usage and application of the technology in the near future.
In how far has reality yet to be distinguished from the hype surrounding the opportunities of Additive Manufacturing? How strong is the innovative potential of additive technologies? How is Additive Manufacturing contributing to the revolution of product development processes, business models, job profiles and fields of application? Find answers to these questions at the first international VDI “Additive Manufacturing” conference.
With inspiring presentations from internationally renowned experts the first international VDI Conference “Additive Manufacturing” will amongst others focus on the following topics:
- From Hype to reality: Chances, challenges and limitations of Additive Manufacturing as a global Technology
- Production of the future: Additive Manufacturing in the context of industrialisation and digitalisation
- How Additive Manufacturing is changing process- supply- and value-chains
- Additive Manufacturing on the way to serial production
- How Additive Manufacturing impacts business models
- Economic, legal and social aspects of Additive Manufacturing
- Innovative use cases
Chairman of the conference is Dr.-Ing. Jan T. Sehrt, Head of the Rapid Technology Center in Duisburg (Germany).
The framework programme – two conferences for the price of one
As a participant of the “Additive Manufacturing” conference you will be able to attend the parallel international VDI conference “Simulation in Automotive Lightweight Engineering” at no additional cost. The joint evening event on the first day of the conference is a perfect opportunity to establish new contacts and offers excellent cross-industry networking opportunities. Attendants and presenters from both conferences, “Additive Manufacturing” and “Simulation in Automotive Lightweight Engineering” will come together in a relaxed environment.
Also don’t miss to attend our international workshop “The Additive Manufacturing Landscape”, with a focus on key sector applications, standards, regulations and sources of project funding. In addition, you can participate in the visit of the MX3D facility in Amsterdam to see and learn more about their exciting projects, such as printing a fully functional stainless steel bridge to cross one of the most famous canals in the center of Amsterdam.
Program of the Conference
Registration & welcome coffee
Chair‘s Welcome and opening Address
Conference chair: Dr.-Ing. Jan T. Sehrt, Senior Lecturer and Head of RTC,
I. What is the real Value of AM? Innovative Power, Hype and Reality of AM
Innovative Power of AM and the Reality behind it
• Industrialization of AM
Dr. Vladimir Navrotsky, Chief Technology Officer, Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB, Sweden
Digital Disruption: How Digitalization will change the AM World
• Linear evolution vs. exponential revolution
Gero Corman, M.Sc., Head of Additive Manufacturing, Volkswagen Group, Germany
Beyond the Hype: How to take 3D Printing from Niches to the Main Stream
• AM is a bearer of disruption
Thierry Rayna, Ph.D., Professor of Innovation Management, École Polytechnique,
II. Status Quo & Future Road: AM affecting Business & Markets
AM – Market Development and Challenges of Technology Implementation
• Growth rate analysis for the AM market
Dr.-Ing. Christian Seidel, Head of Department, Fraunhofer IGCV and Management
The Roadmap to high-end AM
• Key success factors for AM excellence
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Gregor Reischle, Program Manager Additive Manufacturing,
Selective Laser Melting Technology on the Way to Mainstream Manufacturing, what it can do and where the Limits are
• Description of SLM technology, parameters and performance
Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Ritt, VP Global Marketing and Communications, SLM Solutions
Networking & coffee break
Blueprint for Innovation: How AM is transforming Business Models
• The current sentiment on the potential impact of AM
Andreas Langfeld, M.A., VP Sales and EMEA, Stratasys GmbH, Germany
Let’s talk inside AM – Opportunities, Challenges and Requirements to successfully leverage AM
Andreas Langfeld, VP Sales and EMEA, Stratasys Gmbh
End of conference day one
III. Is AM ready for Production? Industrialization, Digitalization and Adapted Process Chains
Opportunities and Risks in the Adoption of AM
• Overview of the opportunities in AM and what deters adoption
Andrew Triantaphyllou, Principal Research Engineer, Manufacturing Technology Centre, UK
Industrial 3D Printing – The Future is digital, the Future is integrated
• Industrial 3D printing solutions will be integrated – physically and digitally –
EOS GmbH, Germany
AM is not an Island – Adapting the Process Chain for AM
• Drivers for industrialization of AM
Marc Saunders, M.Eng., Director – Global Solutions Centers, Renishaw plc., UK
Shaping a new Industry Value Chain with AM
• AM within the overall production value chain
Alexandre Donnadieu, Business Development Manager, 3YOURMIND, France
Networking & coffee break
IV. Economic, legal & social Aspects of AM
Value Chain Redesign for Advanced Manufacturing – A strategic Investors‘ Perspective
• The mission of turning advanced manufacturing into reality
Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Technology and Investment Management, AM Ventures Holding GmbH, German
The AM Ecosystem in Europe
• Outstanding policy issues in the fields skills and standards‘ development
Filip Geerts, Director General, CECIMO, European Association of the Machine Tool Industries, Belgiu
Reinvented Manufacturing and economic Efficiency with AM
• Uniquely strong materials development
Allan van De Laak, Sales Manager, Mark3D Benelux BV, The Netherlands
Legal Challenges in AM
• Protection of intellectual property rights and licensing
Rem Noormohamed, Partner and Head of Digital Manufacturing Technology, DWF LLP, UK
The Upskilled Technician: Digital Transformations and the Future of Work in Additive Manufacturing
• Elevating the role of the human through smarter and more timely workforce development
Eric Vazquez, PMP, Specialist Leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP, USA
V. Taking AM one Step further: Innovative Business Cases and Best Practices in affected Industries
Thinking outside of the Metal Box - The Manufacturing Story
• Direct metal printing industry solutions
Dr.-Ing. Jonas Van Vaerenbergh, Chief Engineer Direct Metal Printing, 3D Systems, Belgium
AM helps improve Competitiveness
• AM enables new ways of production
Xavier Llorens, MBA, Business Development and Applications Engineering Manager, Hewlett Packard Computing S.L., Spain
Launched by Disruption: On Demand Manufacturing at UPS
• Disruption can be channeled into positive momentum
Jean-François Mathieu, Europe Segment Marketing Manager Industry, UPS,France and Belgium
Conference Chair‘s closing Remarks
End of conference
Who should attend the conference?
With its cross-industry and strategic focus the international VDI Conference “Additive Manufacturing” is aimed at managers, experts and consultants from the following fields:
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
- Design and Rapid prototyping
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Advanced Materials (Technology, Testing and Development)
- Virtual Design
The conference will also be of interest to all persons engaged and responsible for the implementation of additive manufacturing at corporate levels or its integration into the production process.
Secure your seat now
Would you like to exchange views on the strategically relevant aspects of additive manufacturing with international stakeholders and leading experts? Are you looking for an event that offers presentations from internationally renowned experts as well as excellent networking opportunities? Then secure yourself a seat right now at the international VDI “Additive Manufacturing” conference.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Go additive and be disruptive
Author : Güngör Kara, EOS GmbH
You can reach us at: