Impact of highly Automated Driving on Mobility Demand and Energy Consumption
The world of transport is currently experiencing a rapid transformation driven by disruptive technologies and trends: One of them is Autonomous Driving. While emerging megacities like Delhi or Beijing need to solve major issues around pollution, congestion and rapid urbanization, developed cities, such as Amsterdam and Singapore, search for highly efficient and automated mobility solutions. Restricting regulations and advanced mobility patterns have a strong impact on general mobility demand and shift between transportation types.
Self-driving cars – Improving energy efficiency
Besides the impact of autonomous vehicles on mobility patterns, they have great potential to positively influence safety, comfort, drivability and energy efficiency. However, to exploit these potentials and also keeping a human-like driving style, many challenges have to be faced. For instance, the right composition of powertrain type, configuration and software capabilities need to be found.
Find out more about the impact of automated and autonomous driving on the energy demand of the vehicle, including the right powertrain type, configuration and software kit in this VDI workshop. Moreover, the influence of artificial intelligence will be discussed by addressing its potentials and its challenges. Further challenges in the field of electrical and electronical car engineering will be discussed at international VDI Congress ELIV (ELectronics In Vehicles), taking place after the workshop on October 17 and 18, 2017 in Bonn.
Topics of the workshop
- New mobility patterns, changed mobility demand
- Shift in transportation types
- Efficient and automated mobility solutions
- Optimization of energy demand of automated vehicles
- Energy demand beyond 2030 and specific CO2 emissions
- Right powertrain type / composition and software capabilities
- Use-case based powertrain selection and configuration
- Composition and methods of a self-driving software kit
- Rule or model-based Systems
Who should attend this international Workshop?
This workshop on “Impact of highly Automated Driving on Mobility Demand and Energy Consumption” is directed at engineers, technical managers, product managers, designers and specialists from car manufacturers, suppliers and solution providers, in particular managers and staff from:
- ADAS/Driver Assistance and Active Safety
- Prospective Autonomous Driving
- Electric/Electronics, Software and Car-IT
- Connectivity/Connected Vehicles
- Transmission development
- Powertrain development
Moreover, the workshop could also be interesting for professionals working in the financial sector (investment decision), the energy sector and the oil and gas industry as well as for public administrations (e.g. traffic planning).
Your workshop chairs
- Patrick Will, Manager and Lead for Connected and Automated, FEV Consulting GmbH
- Tjark Eissfeldt, Consultant, FEV Consulting GmbH
Benefit from the Package Price: Congress + Workshop
Secure your personal package price by booking the international VDI congress “ELIV” in combination with the workshop “Impact of highly Automated Driving on Mobility Demand and Energy Consumption” the day prior to the conference.