4. International VDI Conference - Automated Driving 2017
- 19 expert presentations and a panel discussion on latest challenges and existing solutions for automated and autonomous driving
- Meet internationally renowned specialists and experts from OEMs such as BMW, Volvo, VW, Toyota ITC, Porsche and many more
- With 1 conference ticket you get admission to 4 international conferences on “Automated Driving“, “IT Security for Vehicles“, “Automotive HMI & Connectivity“ and “Digital Infrastructure” with a total of more than 50 expert presentations
- Free entrance to the Trade Fair “ConCarExpo“ running parallel to the conference, with more than 100 exhibitors, a start-up area and networking hotspots
- Extensive networking opportunities during breaks and at the evening reception
Automated driving and autonomous vehicles represent a major disruptive innovation for the automotive industry as we know it and lead to new mobility concepts. Car OEMs are defining their strategic position on autonomous cars. However, other actors like automotive suppliers and software providers as well as innovative mobility providers or companies such as Google or Apple are also preparing for a world with self-driving cars. Even though this disruptive innovation is still in the making, all players involved have to answer key strategic and technological questions and need to deal with competitive forces as well as governmental regulations.
Automated and autonomous driving will revolutionize the automotive world
The wide adoption of fully automated cars in the future will cause a great change in usage, ownership and design of vehicles. In some areas with controlled environment, such as mining or farming, autonomous vehicles are already in use. On-road trucks will probably be the first vehicles driving (semi-) autonomously. In the short term, fully autonomous cars will not be found on-road. Nevertheless, many drivers’ assistance systems are standard in cars today already. They warn of traffic jams and help with parking maneuvers. These systems are the basis for automated driving and prepare for a future with safe, cooperative and accident-free autonomous driving. However, many technological, infrastructural and legal challenges still need to be solved. Discuss these key issues with international experts at our 4th international conference Automated Driving next July in the Estrel Hotel and Congress Centre in Berlin.
Don’t miss the following keynotes:
- Autonomous Driving, Digital Infrastructure & Mobility Solutions as Key Drivers for the Automotive Industry
given by Johannes Jungwirth, Chief Digital Officer, Volkswagen AG, Germany
- Volvo Cars development of Autonomous Vehicles, in cooperation with Uber and Zenuity
given by Kent Melin, M. Sc., Senior Technical Leader, Electrical System Design, Volvo Car Group, Sweden
Further internationally renowned experts on the conference stage are coming from companies such as Toyota ITC, BMW, Continental, TomTom, Uber, 2Getthere, NVIDIA, Porsche, Tata, Robert Bosch and many more.
The following topics will be covered in 2017:
- Listen to presentations and best practice examples on:
- New mobility concepts, sharing of autonomous vehicles and the future of urban mobility
- OEM perspectives on automated and autonomous driving
- The future of self-driving cars
- Mapping technologies and traffic data
- Artificial Intelligence and self-driving cars
- Sensors, automotive 3D reconstruction and information technology
- Security, safety and standards
Networking is the key
Extra benefit for our participants: Register for the “Automated Driving” conference and visit our parallel conferences on “IT Security for Vehicles“, “Automotive HMI & Connectivity“ and “Digital Infrastructure” as well as our Trade Fair “ConCarExpo” free of extra charge.
Meet experts as well as participants of all events during the networking breaks and our evening reception. Get in touch with experts, business partners, specialists and investors from the international automotive and IT industry in a relaxed atmosphere. Use the networking opportunities and have interesting discussions about existing possibilities in the automotive market and the field of automated and autonomous driving. Do not miss out on this international automotive event in Berlin!
Who should attend the Automated Driving conference?
This international conference is directed at engineers and automotive experts from all over the world. Engineers, designers and specialists from car makers and suppliers of the automotive industry should attend this technical event, in particular those working in:
- ADAS/Driver Assistance
- Driver Information Systems
- Prospective Autonomous Driving
- Connectivity/Connected Vehicles
- Software and Car-IT
- Active Safety
- Business Development and Product Management
For those who want more: Workshops prior to the conference
We offer you to dive even deeper into topics related to our Automated Driving conference. Join our international workshops on July 4, 2017 in Berlin:
Impact of highly Automated Driving on Mobility Demand and Energy Consumption
Creating the Ultimate Parking Experience – A Design Thinking Approach
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker at the next event in 2018 contact Katharina Neumann.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at the international VDI conference Automated Driving? Contact Mariya Petkova for more Details.
|05.07 - 06.07.2017||Berlin||available||1690 €|
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.
Dr. Andree Hohm Continental Teves AG & Co. oHG / Frankfurt
Dr.-Ing. Frank Niewels Robert Bosch GmbH / Renningen
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Pim van der Jagt Ford Werke GmbH / Aachen