Automation & Digitization of Cranes
Please note, that this event takes place in English.
In case you prefer the German version of this site, click here.
- Network with top industry experts and exchange views on the latest developments in crane automation and digitization
- Gain top-level knowledge from high-end presentations
- Learn from the best and visit the fully automated EMO Terminal in Rotterdam, Europe’s largest dry bulk terminal
The VDI Conference ‚Automation & Digitization of Cranes‘ offers a detailed overview of future and cross-industry developments in automation and digitization of harbor and industrial cranes. Enhance your knowledge on how to automate existing cranes and find out how your facility can benefit of automation. Further, you will gain in-depth insight into the technical, operational and legal aspects to consider. As a consequence you will be well equipped to successfully drive forward the crane automation and digitization process in your company.
Increased productivity using automation
There are still many industries focusing on manual crane operations although automation and digitization are known for higher productivity rates and provide improved safety. Spearheading automation is the harbor industry, offering valuable experience to other industries and sectors. The most likely organizations to benefit from cost savings are companies with continuous crane operations.
The international VDI Conference ‚Automation and Digitization of Cranes‘ will showcase how digitization of cranes and processes can improve usage and maintenance of cranes whilst still ensuring safety of data and staff. Plus, it will show how automation will increase plant efficiency. Visit the fully automated EMO Terminal in Rotterdam and get up-to-date with cutting-edge best practice.
Don’t miss the following keynotes:
- „Automation as an upgrade to older crane systems”, Joseph Discenza, CEO, Smartcrane LLC
- „Cybersecurity for crane digitization”, Siân John, EMEA Chief Security Strategist Symantec
- Dinner speech on the topic of soLITE® rope: „High strengh fiber ropes for cranes”, Dr.-Ing. Björn Ernst, Teufelsberger, Head of New Fiberrope Applications
The agenda boasts of presentations of internationally renowned experts and has been put together by our supporting Experts of the VDI Conference „Automation & Digitization of Cranes“
- Robert Histon, President, PortRep Consulting Group, USA
- Jochen Lang, Business Development Cranes, Process Industries and Drives Division Large Drives, Siemens AG, Germany
- Yvo Saanen, PhD, MSc., Commercial Director, TBA, Netherlands
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Thorsten Schmidt, Mechanical Engineering Department, Technical University Dresden, Germany
Who should attend the VDI Conference „Automation & Digitization of Cranes“?
Conference participants include senior management of companies using harbor or industry cranes, including:
- CEOs and Technical Directors
- Head of Cranes & Hoists
- Terminal Operators
- Plant Operators / Manufacturers in paper manufacturing and metal industries
- Terminal Equipment Manager / Terminal Engineering Manager
- Business Development Managers
- Applications Engineers Cranes
Are you keen to extend your knowledge on crane automation and digitization and learn from leading industry experts how your company can benefit from the latest developments? Ensure to reserve your place and book your ticket now for the international VDI conference „Automation & Digitization of Cranes“.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at the international VDI conference Automation & Digitization of Cranes? Contact Sandra Klack Klackvdide for more details.
|19.09 - 20.09.2017||Rotterdam||available||1590 €|
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.