5th International VDI Conference - Autonomous Trucks
- Listen to international presentations on the latest technological developments in the field of autonomous trucks.
- Find out about new business models and use cases for logistics
- Learn how to master the next steps on the way to autonomous driving.
- Meet leading international experts from TuSimple, Waymo, MAN, Embark Trucks and numerous truck suppliers
On May 19 and 20, 2021 our 5th international Autonomous Trucks conference will take place. Future truck innovations, autonomous transportation and the usage of new business models are only some of the topics that the truck industry is concerned with. These developments already began before the pandemic and have been partly accelerated by it. Autonomous trucks will continue influence ports, mining and entire logistic supply chaines. At our 5th International VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks, we will focus on these developments.
The future of trucks
The future of trucks has already begun: New market players change and somehow define the truck landscape all over, but especially in the US and China. Therefore, the question arises of how to keep up with their pace and ideas yourself only being very small or very static. At our 4th international VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks we will deal with major business models and involve innovative start-ups in the program to discuss solutions for an autonomous future of trucks.
As Association of German Engineers, we always take up the technical perspective. For this reason, truck technology will not be forgotten here. Automation, Connectivity, Electrification are only some topics we will target. Unfortunately, it is not only Uber as new kid on the block. Regarding software, the truck industry is also confronted with new players and influencers. Will their business models be successful, and can the rest of the truck industry compete?
Conference Topics, Speakers & Agenda
Participants will profit from innovative ideas, best practice examples, new business models, tech presentations and interactive discussion rounds!
2020’s focus topics will cover:
- Horizon 2030: Advanced Truck Technology meets New Business Models
- Digital Transformation and AI‘s Impact on the Transportation Industry
- Perspectives on Autonomous Trucks in the USA, EU and China
- Progressive Platooning Systems towards Level 4 Trucks
- Autonomous Electric Trucks on Public Roads
Selection of confirmed speakers for 2020:
- Chuck Price | Chief Product Officer, TuSimple
- Vijaysai Patnaik | Product Lead Trucking, Waymo
- Charlie Jatt | Commercial Lead Trucking, Waymo
- Niklaus H. Waser | Senior Vice President, MAN Trucks & Bus SE
- Shawn Kerrigan | Co-Founder and COO, Plus
- Chung Anh Tran | Partner EEP, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Gernot Hasenbichler | Senior Product Manager ADAS Truck & Bus, AVL List GmbH
- Wilfried Mehr | Head of R&D Application Europe, Continental
- Mathias Halliger | Vice President of Automotive Products, NVIDIA
- Joseph Putney | Director of Commercial Systems, Robotic Research
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Take the opportunity to exchange technical expertise
The conference offers you a unique platform to exchange expertise with international experts from all over the world. The fourth edition of the International VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks will offer an interesting mixture of technical presentations from major OEMs, suppliers, research institutes as well as interesting customers. The most important aim is to generate a worldwide picture and discuss the horizon of autonomous trucks.
Secure yourself a place
Do you want to find out about chances and challenges in the area of Autonomous Trucks? Would you like to learn about innovative truck business models and applications of autonomous trucks? Then secure yourself a place at the International VDI Conference Autonomous Trucks today.
The Autonomous Trucks Conference is aimed at professionals, management and decision makers in the following areas:
- Truck manufacturers
- Major suppliers (brake systems, sensors, environmental perception, software and others)
- Automotive IT companies
- Logistics companies & further users of truck technology
- Start-up companies focused on autonomous trucks
- Research institutes with a focus on autonomous trucks and vehicles
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message