CVT in automotive applications
Please note, that this event takes place in English.
In case you prefer the german version of this site, click here.
- Use this unique global expert conference on the topic of CVT in vehicles to gain an overview of relevant current developments.
- Communicate with the leading industry experts from Asia, USA and Europe and expand your international network.
- Benefit from the extraordinarily high expert level of the conference talks.
The international VDI conference “CVT in automotive applications” is a unique global specialist conference that is dedicated solely to the topic of CVT in vehicles. Here, leading industry experts present the latest technical developments in the field of CVT. Learn about the approaches favoured in the Asian and American markets and find out why CVT is being discussed more intensely in terms of the electrification of powertrains.
Free of charge whitepaper download
New-generation Eco-friendly CVT for Small Vehicles
Author: Haruhisa Nakano, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Atsugi, Japan
Enabler for a better efficiency
The VDI conference “CVT in automotive applications” will give you an overview of the current technical developments that can improve the opportunities of a CVT. The focus will be on the mechanical type of CVT as well all kind of electrified types. Discuss the following topics with leading representatives of OEMs and supplier companies:
- The future role of CVT for the next decade
- Influences of International Regulations
- Current technical design of an efficient CVT
- New actuation concepts to further improve efficiency
- Potentials for the optimization of the variator
- Tribology – Concepts for improving the coefficient of friction
- CVT in hybrid concepts P0 –P4
- Future concepts for eCVTs, IVTs and DH-CVTs
- Simulation and testing in the engineering process
- Alternative Continuous Variable Concepts for automotive applications
International panel of experts supporting with specialist skills
In order to offer the international CVT community a first-class information platform, an international panel of experts has been put together to support the program creation and, importantly, guarantee this event’s quality.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Albert Albers, KIT
- Andreas Englisch, LuK
- Hong Jiang, Ford
- John R. Maten, General Motors
- Dr. Yasuhiro Murakami, Afton Chemical
- Shigeo Murata, Nissan
- Tatsuya Osone, Jatco
- Takashi Shibayama, Shin Nippon Tokki
- Han-Hein Spit, Bosch Transmission
Exclusive factory tour
As a participant, you can experience the production of CVT components live during a factory tour a tLuK, Bühl, Germany, and find out about the production steps in which the different components are created.
Who should take part?
The VDI conference “CVT in automotive applications” is aimed at experts and managers who deal with variable transmission in vehicles and work in the following areas:
- CVT development
- Powertrain research and development
- Transmission development
- Development of electrified and hybrid transmission
- Gearbox production
- Marketing and sales
Evening event included
You are cordially invited to attend a cosy get-together in Baden-Baden in the evening of the first day of the conference. In a relaxed atmosphere, you can exchange experience with colleagues and speakers, establish new international contacts and maintain your network.
Would you like to know what current developments in the field of CVT are relevant to your business, and benefit from the experience of leading international companies? Then book your ticket for the VDI specialist conference “CVT in automotive applications” now.
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Albert Albers Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT) IPEK-Institut für Produktentwicklung / Karlsruhe
Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Andreas Englisch LuK GmbH & Co KG / Bühl
Hong Jiang Ford Motor Company / Dearborn
John R. Maten GM Global Propulsion Systems - Pontiac / Pontiac
Dr. Yasuhiro Murakami Afton Chemical Japan Corporation / Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku
Shigeo Murata Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. / Atsugi-shi Kanagawa
Tatsuya Osone JATCO Ltd. / Atsugi City Kanagawa
Takashi Shibayama SHIN NIPPON TOKKI CO. LTD Hamamatsu Technological Industrial Park / Hamamatsu-City
Han-Hein Spit Bosch Transmission Technology B.V. / Tilburg
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message