International VDI Workshop - Model-Based Development of Embedded Software
The international VDI workshop “Model-based Development of embedded Software” will provide you with an overview of model-based software development in compliance with ISO25119 and IEC61508. ISO 25119 sets out general principles for the design and development of safety-related parts of control systems (SRP/CS) on tractors used in agriculture and forestry and on self-propelled ride-on machines and mounted, semi-mounted and trailed machines used in agriculture. In addition, IEC61508 is intended to be a basic functional safety standard applicable to all kinds of industry and covers the complete safety life cycle. The standard may need interpretation to develop sector specific standards.
Complying with ISO 25119 – Challenges and proven Solutions
In the workshop you will discuss challenges and hear about proven solutions related to model-based development of embedded software in accordance with ISO 25119. You will learn about requirements outlined in ISO25119 that relate specifically to model-based development as well as those stipulated in the IEC61508 for controller software in mechanical and plant engineering. Discuss with the Workshop Chairs which impact these standards have on embedded software with Simulink®, Embedded Coder®, and TargetLink®. Moreover, you will gain insights into how to use these to aid standard-compliant development. A strong focus will be on safeguarding safety-critical applications and embedded software. Moreover, during the workshop modeling guidelines and testing will be covered.
The theoretical input will always be illustrated by practical examples.
Topics of the Workshop
The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
- Overview of ISO25119 and IEC61508
- Standard compliance in model-based development
- Developing safety-relevant software in compliance with ISO25119 and IEC61508
- Influence of IEC and ISO standards on embedded software with Simulink®, Embedded Coder® and TargetLink® Model and software architecture for safety-critical software
- Realizing ISO-compliant models through the use of modeling guidelines and complexity measurements
- Testing in compliance with ISO25119 in model-based software development
- Implementing the IEC standard in software development with the help of Simulink® and Stateflow® Tool qualification
During the workshop you will also look into learnings from the pioneers in the automotive industry. Successful examples from the automotive sector (ISO26262) will be discussed.
Who should attend this international Workshop?
The workshop on “Model-based Development of embedded Software” is designed for developers, testers, quality managers, project managers, and team leaders, whose focus is model-based development of safety-critical embedded software in the Off-Highway Industry.
Your workshop chairs
- Dr. Heiko Dörr, CEO, Model Engineering Solutions GmbH (MES)
- Björn Kunze, Sales & Marketing Manager, Model Engineering Solutions GmbH (MES)
Benefit from our Package Price: Conference + Workshop
Secure your personal package price by booking the international VDI conference “Connected Off-Highway Machines” in combination with the workshop “Model-based Development of embedded Software” the day prior to the conference.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at the international VDI conference Connected Off-Highway Machines? Contact Sandra Klack for more Details.