What kind of electric powertrain architecture is suitable for certain client profiles? Which type of electric motor offers the most advantages? What levels of voltage should be used? And when will the transition from silicon to silicon carbide take place? These are just some of the questions that are occupying the minds of powertrain designers and system architects working in the electrified field. The answers can be found at the International conference “EDrive 2019” in Bonn.
Current discussions surrounding emissions, driving bans in urban areas and the future of the internal combustion engine have given ‘electrification’ new impetus. All car manufacturers have electrified products in their portfolios. Things are changing now, and it’s essential to offer clients sustainable and comfortable solutions in terms of electrified products and powertrain architecture across the entire product range.
The challenge of developing holistic powertrains
To find the right powertrain solution for specific client profiles, a systemic approach needs to be taken in terms of development. The components in an electrical powertrain cannot be seen in isolation – the interactions between the electric engine, transmission, power electronics and energy source need to be at the center of development.
Designing the future
The International VDI conference “EDrive” takes up these challenges in the holistic development of electrified powertrains. The conference will consider questions surrounding powertrain architecture, operational strategies and the optimization of components in the entire system, as well as system-wide thermo-management and EMC.
Are you expert in this topic field? Did you initialize projects on electrified powertrain and like to report on your experiences?
You can support this international information exchange with a professional presentation and show yourself to be at the forefront of the following issues and themes:
- Region, environment, societal and eco systems
- Automotive safety (such as packaging, NVH, on-board networks, functional safety and high voltage security)
- Powertrain (architectures, high voltage, development methods, simulations and tests)
- Generator (integration, cooling, EOL tests)
- eDrive subsystems (control, architectures, EMC)
- Demands placed on electric motors, performance electronics, energy sources, sensors and cables
You will find more information about the themes and deadlines in the call for papers.
Please hand in your submission until 31 October 2018.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Program committee supported by professional competencies
A committee has formed to provide the community with a high-value information platform by supporting program development with expertise and know-how. This serves as a guarantee for the quality of the conference.
- Dr. Andreas Fink, Vice President E-Mobility, Head of Business Unit Electric Traction Drive (ET), ZF Friedrichshafen, Schweinfurt, Germany
- Dr. Rainer Link, Senior Vice President Engineering, GKN ePowertrain, Lohmar, Germany
- Thomas Pfund, Senior Vice President R&D Automotive, Systems, Luk GmbH & Co. KG, Bühl, Germany
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dirk Uwe Sauer, Chair for Electrochemical, Energy Conversion and Storage Systems, RWTH University Aachen, Germany
- Dr. Andreas Schamel, Director Global Powertrain Research & Advanced, Ford-Werke GmbH, Aachen, Germany (conference chairman)
- Ralf Schmid, Senior Vice President E-Machine, Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart
- Wolfgang Stephan, CTO, hofer AG, Nürtingen, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Tenberge, Director, Head of Chair of Industrial and Automotive Drivetrains, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Additional advantages for you as a speaker and participant
Profit from the exchanges happening at the International VDI Congress “Dritev – Drivetrain in Vehicles”, which takes place at the same time, with:
- over 60 expert presentations
- over 1,500 international participants
- over 100 professional exhibitors
Increase your engagement with your colleagues in mechanical systems and mechatronics! Make new connections to help drive your projects forward!
Dr. Karsten Bennewitz Volkswagen AG /
Dr. Andreas Fink ZF Friedrichshafen AG / Schweinfurt
Dr. Rainer Link GKN ePowertrain / Lohmar
Thomas Pfund Schaeffler AG / Herzogenaurach
Prof. Dr. Dirk Uwe Sauer Institut fuer Stromrichtertechnik und Elektrische Antriebe RWTH Aachen / Aachen
Dr. Andreas Schamel Ford Research & Innovation Center / Aachen
Dipl.-Ing. Ralf Schmid Robert Bosch GmbH /
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Wolfgang Stephan Hofer AG / Nürtingen
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Tenberge Fakultät für Maschinenbau Ruhr-Universität-Bochum / Bochum
A limited number of rooms have been reserved for the conference participants.
- Bonn Marriott World Conference Hotel, +49 228/280-500, marriotthotels.com
- Tourismus & Congress GmbH Bonn: https://www.bonn-region.de
Book your room with them and get a free ticket for the local public transport.
More Hotels close to the conference venue may be found via our HRS service.
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message