International VDI Conference - Efficient WEEE Recycling
Please notice, that this conference is taking place in english. In case you prefer the german version of this site, please click here.
- Learn about best practice and u examples from top players in the industry.
- Benefit from high-level presentations.
- Take part in the presentations at the VDI conference “Battery Recycling”, taking place at the same time at no extra cost.
- Use both conferences and the joined evening get-together to establish valuable international contacts and strengthen your network.
At the VDI conference “Efficient WEEE Recycling”, find out first hand about the new developments shaping the electronics recycling industry. International leading companies will present their innovations and discuss use cases. You’ll gain a comprehensive overview of technology, markets and competitors. This knowledge will allow you to identify the right solutions to move your business forward.
Sustainability starts with product design
The recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) is certain to become significantly more important in the future. On the one hand, the resources available for electronic products are decreasing, while demand is increasing on the other hand. That’s why recycling management and urban mining concepts are becoming more important for the industry. For recycling and recovery processes to work efficiently, sustainability and recyclability need to be considered at early stages of the product design.
That’s why the VDI conference “Efficient WEEE recycling” considers the entire product life cycle – from product development to recycling as well as recovery and renovation. Renowned international companies will provide detailed insights into their recycling solutions that have worked in practice. You will be able to compare the benefits and disadvantages of various methods. Furthermore, the eventhelps you to decide which technology is best suited to the needs of your business.
The conference will cover the following topics (amongst others):
Program of the Conference
Supply Chain Management
Re-use and renovation of old devices
Aspects of safety and sorting with WEEE recycling
Technologies for the sorting of electrical and electronic device waste
The handling of various types of WEEE
Technical innovation in Recycling
Country-specific ideas for recycling and best-practice examples
New business models
Internationally renowned conference leads
Prof. Dr. Ing. Dr. h.c. Bernd Friedrich, Director IME Metallurgical Processing and Recycling at RWTH Aachen, is the Chairman of the VDI “Efficient WEEE Recycling” conference. Other speakers include:
- Dr. Christian Hagelüken, Director EU Government Affairs, Umicore
- Andreas Nolte, Director General Services, Aurubis AG
- Sepas Setayesh, Senior T&D Engineer Materials & Finishing, Philips Consumer Lifestyle
- Venkatesha Murthy, Managing Director, Vans Chemistry
- Travis Janke, Director of Engineering, Ronin8 Technologies
- Chris Slijkhuis, E-Waste Management and Public Affairs, MGG-Recycling
1 ticket for 2 conferences plus evening get-together
The VDI conferences “Efficient WEEE Recycling” and “Battery Recycling” are taking place at the same time. Your ticket is valid for both. Switching between the two is not only allowed, but also actively encouraged. This combination and the evening get-together provide you with excellent possibilities to make international contacts and to expand your professional network.
Furthermore, VDI Wissensforum offers a “Digital Business Models for the Recycling Industry” workshop as an addition to the conference program. When you book the conference and workshop together, you can profit from a reduced combination price.
Who should take part in the conference?
The VDI “Efficient WEEE Recycling” conference is aimed at professionals and managers in companies, organizations and scientific institutions involved in the recycling of electrical and electronic waste. This includes:
- Producers of electrical and electronic devices (OEM)
- Recycling companies
- Metal technology companies
- Waste disposal companies
- Manufacturers and operators of shredder facilities
- WEEE recycling organizations
- Consulting companies
Book your place now
You’d like to gain a comprehensive understanding of the newest developments in the recycling of electrical and electronic devices? You want to learn what you need to consider when implementing your own recycling projects from renowned international companies? Then secure your place at the VDI “Efficient WEEE Recycling” conference now.
You can reach us at: