3rd International VDI Congress „Casting Chassis and Bodywork Components 2018”– Call for Papers
- Find out directly about the topical trends and developments in the branch.
- Use the congress for the construction and removal of a high-carat network with top experts from industry and science.
- Present your specialist knowledge and the know-how of your enterprise before an international professional audience and your potential customers.
The international VDI conference „Casting of chassis and bodywork components in 2018“ is the central event in the German-speaking space, the experts from the foundry branch and the automobile industry from the home and foreign countries brings together. Here leading scientists and executives of the industry at the highest technical level discuss the newest trends and developments in the structural downpour. Contribute actively to the success of this event and submit up to 30 June, 2017 a talk proposal.
Using the opportunities of structural change
Whether in the passenger car or truck, downpour components are an integral component in the construction of vehicles. Not only in the engine and the impulse, but also with the chassis and the car body. All together nearly, 60% of the whole downpour deliveries go to international and national vehicle farmer. However, the branch is in the layout. Digitization, industry 4.0, lightweight construction and electric mobility are only some of the drivers of the structural change in the car sector, which also has direct effects on the foundry industry.
The 3rd VDI congress „Casting of chassis and bodywork components in 2018“ introduces chances and risks of this structural change. Discuss with leading experts from industry and research the topical trends and developments in the construction of vehicles and car body construction and about how the technology transfer can succeed in the foundry industry. Accompanying to the conference a big specialized exhibition with vehicle exhibits OEMs takes place. Moreover, you have the opportunity to visit the foundry of Daimler in Mettingen exclusively.
Submit your contribution and become a speaker
Are you an expert on one of the areas of our main topics? Then we ask you to actively contribute to a successful congress with a presentation and submit up to the 30th of June, 2017 an edited version of your talk to one of the following central topics of interest.
A) How the structural transformation in the automotive industry has affected the casting sector
- Business models and their impact on supply chains
- Development and tendering processes on a global scale
- Future supplier market
- Interface management integration of TIER I during body assembly (prior to painting)
- Requirements toward follow-up processes
B) Developments in body construction (passenger and commercial vehicles)
- Vehicle concepts
- Lightweight construction / design / steel-aluminum-composite Body
- Materials (heat treatment, process management, straightening and examining …)
- Simulation of the entire process chain
- Mould service life and tooling concepts for coating
- Low budget concepts
C) Chassis Developments
- Vehicle concepts
- Interface management integration of TIER I in the assembly
- Steel vs. Al: Topology optimization
- Casting vs. forging
D) Impact of E-drive
- Vehicle concepts
- Lightweight construction / design
- High voltage battery casting
The summary must include
- A meaningful title of your article
- The contact details of the lecturer and any co-authors
- A table of contents with the key messages of your contribution
- Assignment on the Topic
- Information on degree of Innovation
- Details about any of your own previous publications on this subject
- Submission of the abstracts by June 30, 2017
Who should attend the Meeting
The congress "Casting of chassis and body components" applies to:
- Molding technology expert
- Expert for development of chassis and body components
- Experts from the construction
Protect to yourselves your participation in 3rd International VDI congress „Casting of chassis and bodywork components in 2018“
They would like to get to know from the leading experts of both branches – downpour industry and automotives – which trends and developments will determine the production of chassis and car body components in the automobile industry at home and abroad? Then now you book your ticket for the most important branch club in the German-speaking space. Simultaneous translation German – English is offered.
|21.02 - 22.02.2018||Esslingen||available||990 €|
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.
Ing. Rinze Dijkstra Finoba Automotive GmbH / Baunatal
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martin Fehlbier Lehrstuhl für Gießereitechnik / Kassel
Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Fuchs Martinrea Honsel Germany GmbH / Meschede
Dipl.-Ing. Gerd Hahn Volkswagen AG - Werk Kassel / Kassel
Dr.-Ing. Klaus Lellig Nemak Europe GmbH / Frankfurt
Klaus Maier Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG / Stuttgart
Dr.-Ing. Hans-Jürgen Schäfer Verein Deutscher Ingenieure e.V. / Düsseldorf
Dipl.-Ing. Jean-Marc Segaud BMW Group / Landshut
Dr.-Ing. Lutz Storsberg Daimler AG / Stuttgart
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Wanke Audi AG / Ingolstadt
Jürgen Wüst Cosma Casting Group / Markt Schwaben