3rd International VDI Conference - Future of Buses
- Exchange ideas and discuss the new concepts and challenges the bus industry will need to overcome when faced with developments in e-mobility and automation
- Learn about hurdles presented by electrifying transport systems and managing e-bus fleets and discuss the consequences for urban bus networks & city authorities
- Get insights from international best practice autonomous bus projects and be inspired by new business models and mobility solutions
- Exchange experiences with other professionals from a wide variety of fields in and around buses, e-mobility and autonomous vehicles at interactive sessions
- Profit from extensive networking opportunities during the breaks and at the evening reception
- Get a free of charge admission to the parallel international VDI Conference – Alternative Powertrains for Commercial Vehicles
On October 28- 29, 2020 , the 3rd international VDI “Future of Buses” conference is coming to Munich! This event focuses on how the bus sector changes by adapting to an ever-evolving transport and mobility landscape and provides an interactive platform for open discussions with all relevant stakeholders from an international perspective.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Next Generation Active Safety Systems for City Buses
Author: Hannes Koch, Thomas Erhart, René Bruintjes; Daimler Buses EvoBus GmbH
A New Age of Public Transport?
With every disruption comes (business) opportunity: constant transition and change brings a variety of new business potential for the public transport sector. Rethinking traditional transport concepts and discussing new ideas and approaches will give the industry more impetus to prepare for the future. The need for new business models is at the top of the list of key challenges. Operators and manufacturers in particular have to move away from the certainty of traditional operations and embark upon a mission to become digital and technology driven mobility leaders. They need to set milestones in creating a new mobility mindset in the age of smart, electrified and autonomous transport solutions!
It’s all about Strategy and Technology
The international VDI “Future of Buses” conference is the ideal place to gain an overview of the rapid changes in the industry and to discuss key challenges, new concepts and emerging business opportunities. The event will look at the big picture and discuss the strategic needs of operators and manufacturers as well as the impact of autonomous and electric operations on local authorities, infrastructure and existing business models. We won’t leave out technical developments either: we will look at innovative technologies for advanced safety, driver assistance and comfort on the way to full autonomy and connectivity and discuss smart systems and the role of intermodal solutions and MaaS in the public transportation sector.
Conference Topics & Agenda
Participants will profit from innovative ideas, best practice examples, case studies, tech presentations and interactive discussion rounds!
2020’s focus topics will cover:
- Potential of Autonomous & Smart Buses
- New Business Models & New Technologies to improve Public Transport
- Strategies for Future Buses & New Mobility
- Connectivity & Safety
- Public Acceptance & MaaS
Selection of confirmed speakers for 2020:
- Håkan Agnevall,President, Volvo Buses, Sweden
- Linus Ährlig, Technical Project Leader, SCANIA CV AB, Sweden
- Dr. Dilip Kumar Limbu, Co-Founder & Director, MooVita, Singapore
- Christoph Zeier, Head of New Mobility Concets, PostAuto AG, Switzerland
- Dr. Andreas Mehlhorn, Vice President Mobility Consulting, Siemens Mobility, Germany
- Paula Ruoff, Business Development Manager Germany, FAIRTIQ, Switzerland
- Dr.sc. Florian Petit, Founder, Blickfeld, Germany
- Dr. Leilei Shinohara, Vice President of R&D and Co-partner, RoboSense, China
- Harri Santamala, CEO, Sensible4, Finland
The conference will be supported by experts:
- Dr. Gerhard Nowak, Partner, Bain & Company Germany Inc.
- Dr.-Ing. Rainer Witzig, Head of Product Strategy Bus, MAN Truck & Bus AG
- Steffen Schaefer, New Mobility / Smart Cities Advisor
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker at future events, please contact Annick Pauwels.
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Chair’s Welcome and Opening Address
Dr. Gerhard Nowak, Partner, Bain & Company, Germany
Say Hi & Meet your Peers!
Have your business cards on hand and discover who else is joining the event!
I. Autonomous & Smart Buses
Potential of Autonomous Buses – Now and in the Future
Håkan Agnevall, President, Volvo Buses, Sweden
Taking Urban Transport to the NXT level
Linus Ährlig, Technical Project Leader Scania NXT, Scania CV AB, Sweden
The successful Implementation of Autonomous Transportation within an Existing Public Transport System
Jean-Michel Boëz, Area Manager DACH – Autonomous Vehicle Leader & Specialist, Navya, France
Making Autonomous Driving Software Solutions a Reality: Experience and Lessons Learned from Singapore and Beyond
Dr. Dilip Kumar Limbu, Co-Founder & Director, MooVita, Singapore
Interactive World Café Session
We invite you to directly engage with other experts in small round table discussions. Together with the participations of the VDI conference “Alternative Powertrains for Commercial Vehicles“ identify challenges within your sector as well as problems, needs and solutions. Decide what exactly you would like to discuss and introduce your own experiences and cases.
Networking & Coffee Break
II. Public Acceptance & MaaS
Public Acceptance of Driverless Vehicles in Combination with OnDemand Services
Christoph Zeier, Head of New Mobility Concepts, PostAuto AG, Switzerland
Urban Mobility in the 21st Century – from Vision to Reality
Dr. Andreas Mehlhorn, Vice President Mobility Consulting, Siemens Mobility, Germany
The Role of Buses in the New Mobility Environment
Marie Kress, Head of Research, Voyego Lab, Slovenia
Mobility as a Service
End of Conference Day One
At the end of the first conference day we kindly invite you to use the relaxed and informal atmosphere for in-depth conversations with other participants and speakers.
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Steffen Schaefer, New Mobility | Smart Cities Advisor, Germany
III. New Business Models & Technologies
Digital Innovations & Business Models and their Contribution to improving Public Transport
Dr.-Ing. Rainer Witzig, Head of Product Strategy Bus, MAN Truck & Bus AG, Germany
Combining Buses and New Technology to improve Traffic in Cities
Nicole Magiera,Team Lead of Urban Mobility at Volkswagen Data: Lab, Head of Smart:City, Volkswagen Group, Germany
Seamless Mobile Ticketing meets Behavioral Customer Data Analysis
Paula Ruoff, Business Development Manager Germany, FAIRTIQ, Switzerland
Networking & Coffee Break
IV. Connectivity & Safety
Connected LiDAR Bus for a Safe Autonomous Operation in Shared Space
Dr. sc. Florian Petit, Founder, Blickfeld, Germany
Smart LiDAR Sensor Powers Commercial Autonomous Buses
Dr. Leilei Shinohara, Vice President of R&D and Co-partner, RoboSense, China
Panel Discussion: Autonomous Buses in Real Traffic? Challenges & Opportunities
Why to use Autonomous Rapid Transit?
tba, LILEE Systems, Taiwan
V. Strategies for Future Buses & New Mobility
Making Autonomous Buses Mainstream
Harri Santamala, CEO, Sensible4, Finland
Strategy of Decarbonization Bus Fleet in Prague
Dipl. Ing. Jan Barchanek, Bus Operation Manager, Dopravní podnik hl. m. Prahy (Prague Public Transit Co., Inc.), Czech Republic
Increasing the Efficiency of Area and Line Based Buses through OnDemand Mobility
Amir Shehadeh, Business Development, ioki, Germany
Conference Chair‘s closing Remarks
End of Conference
Who should take part in this conference?
This conference will be of interest to professionals, management, experts and specialists working in strategy, operations, development, research or engineering in the following areas:
- Bus manufacturing industry & shuttle OEMs
- Autonomous mobility solutions / e-mobility / new mobility / urban mobility
- Major suppliers and software providers
- Operators, bus company owners & fleet management service suppliers
- Public transit authorities
- Consultancies and research
The event is also of interest to city authorities or those who are generally interested in what’s going on in the bus sector.
The Framework Program - Networking is Key
All participants are invited to attend the parallel international VDI Conference “Alternative Powertrains for Commercial Vehicles” at no additional cost.The evening event on the first conference day is a perfect networking opportunity to establish new contacts. Connect with experts, business partners, specialists and investors from the international bus industry. After the last session of the day, we will come together in a relaxed environment to enjoy food, drinks and interesting talks.
Accompanying and complementing the conference we also offer an international Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport: Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand” taking place on October 27 at the same venue.
Book both, the conference and the Workshop to benefit from a discounted package price.
You want to engage with international experts from the bus sector in Munich, a global leader in urban mobility? You would like to learn about new developments in autonomous and electric buses and how the entire strategic and technical picture will develop for bus manufacturers, suppliers, operators and users? Then book your seats for the conference and workshop now!
If you are a startup or non-governmental organization you could qualify for a special discounted rate. Please contact us.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at this international VDI conference? Contact Martina Slominski for more details.
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message