International VDI Conference - Future of Buses
- Exchange ideas and discuss the new concepts and challenges the bus industry will need to overcome when faced with developments in e-mobility and automation
- Learn about hurdles presented by electrifying transport systems and managing e-bus fleets and discuss the consequences for urban bus networks & city authorities
- Get insights from international best practice autonomous bus projects and be inspired by new business models and mobility solutions
- Exchange experiences with other professionals from a wide variety of fields in and around buses, e-mobility and autonomous vehicles at interactive sessions
- Profit from extensive networking opportunities during the breaks and at the evening reception
SAVE THE DATE - On November 27-28, 2019 the international VDI “Future of Buses” conference is returning to Amsterdam! This event focuses on how the bus sector changes by adapting to an ever-evolving transport and mobility landscape and provides an interactive platform for open discussions with all relevant stakeholders from an international perspective.
A New Age of Public Transport?
With every disruption comes (business) opportunity: constant transition and change brings a variety of new business potential for the public transport sector. Rethinking traditional transport concepts and discussing new ideas and approaches will give the industry more impetus to prepare for the future. The need for new business models is at the top of the list of key challenges. Operators and manufacturers in particular have to move away from the certainty of traditional operations and embark upon a mission to become digital and technology driven mobility leaders. They need to set milestones in creating a new mobility mindset in the age of smart, electrified and autonomous transport solutions!
It’s all about Strategy and Technology
The international VDI “Future of Buses” conference is the ideal place to gain an overview of the rapid changes in the industry and to discuss key challenges, new concepts and emerging business opportunities. The event will look at the big picture and discuss the strategic needs of operators and manufacturers as well as the impact of autonomous and electric operations on local authorities, infrastructure and existing business models. We won’t leave out technical developments either: we will look at innovative technologies for advanced safety, driver assistance and comfort on the way to full autonomy and connectivity and discuss smart systems and the role of new energy sources when it comes to electrification!
Conference Topics & Agenda
Participants will profit from innovative ideas, best practice examples, case studies, tech presentations and interactive discussion rounds!
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here. Meanwhile, have a look at 2018’s focal points:
- Roll-out & management of (autonomous) e-bus fleets
- Electrification of transportation systems & urban bus networks
- Autonomous buses as part of the urban transport strategy
- Mobility as a service vs. public transport: competition or supplementation?
- International best practice autonomous bus projects
- Effectively connecting buses with infrastructure & environment
- Maintenance & digitalization of autonomous buses
The conference will be supported by experts:
- Dr. Gerhard Nowak, Partner/Vice President, PwC Strategy& GmbH
- Dr.-Ing. Rainer Witzig, Head of Product Strategy Bus, MAN Truck & Bus AG
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker, please contact Leonie Bohnstedt.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Who should take part in this conference?
This conference will be of interest to professionals, management, experts and specialists working in strategy, operations, development or engineering in the following areas:
- Bus manufacturing industry & shuttle OEMs
- Autonomous mobility solutions / e-mobility / new mobility
- Major suppliers and software providers
- Operators, bus company owners & fleet management service suppliers
- Public transit authorities
- Consultancies and research
The event is also of interest to charging infrastructure suppliers and operators, battery manufacturers, energy suppliers or those who are generally interested in what’s going on in the bus sector.
The Framework Program - Networking is Key
All participants are invited to join the evening event on the first conference day. This is a perfect networking opportunity to establish new contacts. Connect with experts, business partners, specialists and investors from the international bus industry. After the last session of the day, we will come together in a relaxed environment to enjoy food, drinks and a thrilling table soccer match!
You want to engage with international experts from the bus sector in Amsterdam, a global leader in urban mobility? You would like to learn about new developments in autonomous and electric buses and how the entire strategic and technical picture will develop for bus manufacturers, suppliers, operators and users? Then book your space at the VDI Future of Buses conference now!
If you are a startup or non-governmental organization you could qualify for a special discounted rate. Please contact us.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at this international VDI conference? Contact Martina Slominski for more details.
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message