Efficient International Negotiation Skills
Negotiation is an art, not a science. But that doesn’t mean you cannot improve your skills and make the most of working constructively with a variety of people from all over the world. The VDI Workshop “Efficient International Negotiation Skills” will help you overcome challenges in self-awareness, preparation, practice and intercultural interaction.
Master the art of international negotiation
The world is moving closer together. That means many businesses face competition not just in their home markets, but also from others abroad. But increasing globalization can be as much of an opportunity as it is a challenge. Therefore, you need to be able to negotiate efficiently and navigate the various cultural differences you experience.
The VDI Workshop “Efficient International Negotiation Skills” is specifically designed to increase your success when dealing with and negotiating with partners from around the world. By focussing on self-awareness, preparation, practice and intercultural skills, you will learn how to execute proven tactics, refine your own style and improve your verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Taking place over the course of two days this training will give you the skills you need to master the art of international negotiation.
The Workshop covers the following areas:
- Understanding international negotiation - choosing the best style, being aware of power relationships and looking at the Harvard Negotiation Project with its methodology, application and limits.
- Preparing to negotiate – defining and setting targets, selecting team members, observing opening rituals, determining sites and satisfying needs and finding common interests.
- The negotiation process – the 6 steps of negotiating, efficient strategies and tactics, arguing effectively, negotiating in a team and the top ten skills of professional negotiators.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication – communicating effectively, active listening, question-based leadership, the importance of body language and drawing the right conclusions.
- Dealing with various people and cultures – how to work with irrational participants, managing challenging relationships, conflict resolution, hospitality and good manners, handling misunderstandings and avoiding stereotypes.
Understanding International Negotiations
Getting Ready to Negotiate
Execution of Negotiations
Dealing with Difficult Counterparts
Common negotiation mistakes
Who should attend?
It doesn’t matter if you deal with international clients and partners on a daily basis or if you’re new to the field of international negotiation – the VDI Workshop will help advance your skills.
Especially if you work in one of the following areas:
- Sales Management
- Key account Management
The Workshop will be hosted by Dipl. Betriebswirt (FH) Thomas Roithmeier, a seasoned expert in international leadership and negotiation with many years of experience.
Negotiate your way to success
The Workshop “Efficient International Negotiation Skills” will teach you how to professionally prepare and execute international negotiations and help you achieve better results. Learn from best practice input, group assignments and discussions as well as simulations to sharpen your ability to compete in international markets.
|18.04 - 19.04.2018||Frankfurt am Main||available||1690 €|
|07.08 - 08.08.2018||Amsterdam||available||1690 €|
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.