3. International VDI Conference - Safety Systems
- Listen to up to date approaches and assessments from the field of safety systems
- Meet international experts
- Discuss the effects of automated driving on the passive and integrated safety systems
Since the trend towards driver assistance systems and automation is steadily increasing automotive safety needs an extended definition. Vehicle safety stands not only for occupant protection but also for accident prevention. The increasing number of interconnecting active and passive safety systems require a comprehensive concept. The focus of the 3rd International conference „Safety Systems” is to detect how automated driving influences future accident scenarios and automotive interior concepts and – as a result - a rethink in the field of passive safety systems.
Automated driving: Current challenges for automotive safety
At the 3rd International VDI Conference “Safety Systems”, taking place on May 16th and 17th 2018 in Duesseldorf/Germany, international experts in the field of integral and passive safety are invited to discuss the current challenges in safety systems. The increasing level of automation are putting current concepts under scrutiny.
Topics of the Conference
The conference topics are as follows:
- Framework conditions and regulations (e.g. NCAP, certifications)
- Accident research and traffic Scenarios
- Big Data and its potentials for automotive safety systems (e.g. strategies in the pre-crash-stage)
- Interpretation of passive safety systems (restraint systems, airbag), particularly with regard to automated driving
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker at the next event in 2018 contact Daniela Kunst.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products at the international VDI conference Safety Systems? Contact us for more details.
The people behind
The conference is supported by international experts of well-renowned companies. Among others
- RWTH Aachen
- ZF TRW
provide their broad expertise to develop the technical program.
Participants of the conference
The international conference “Safety Systems” is directed at professionals from the following fields:
- Active safety, co-operative safety, integral safety und passive safety
- Automated driving, autonomous driving und driver assistance systems
- Control and regulation
- Restraint System
- Accident research
One for Three
The 3rd International VDI Conference “Safety Systems“ will be held in parallel to the International VDI conferences “Automated Driving” and “IT Security for Vehicles”. Participants have the great opportunity to visit the lectures of the parallel running conferences free of charge. Compile your own personal program, benefit from additional insights and expand your international network.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Safety and Security on the Road to Automated Transport
Author : International Transport Forum ITF - OECD
Are you missing information about this event?
You can tell us directly what information you are missing. Please write to us.Write a message