International VDI Conference - Smart Cars & Urban Mobility
- Get insights from actual use cases about the new position of the smart car in the age of a digitally connected urban mobility ecosystem heading towards smart cities
- Find out about emerging business models and new mobility concepts disrupting the future of urban mobility and challenging traditional ownership concepts
- Take your chance and exchange expertise in our interactive sessions with other professionals and profit from extensive networking opportunities during the breaks and at the evening reception
- Win the Contest: You have an innovative idea featuring Automotive Blockchain Technology up your sleeve that could impress GM? Then apply for our General Motors Startup App Contest
- With 1 conference ticket you get admission to 3 international conferences on “Smart Cars & Urban Mobility”, “Autonomous & Electric Buses” and “Charging Infrastructure for Electromobility”
The 2nd internationalVDI Smart Cars & Urban Mobility conference will feature presentations and interactive discussions about the smart car and its position in the urban mobility landscape as well as contemporary developments in automotive technology, data and infrastructure. In an age of increasingly connected devices, vehicles and smart cities, this conference is ideal for those who want to be at the forefront of these developments. Including topics like innovative business models, new solutions from the mobility sector and the need for OEMs to react and redefine their traditional ownership approaches, you will have the chance for intensive discussions with other experts from the automotive and urban mobility sector. Also find out more about the topic of data sovereignty and the challenges present here in the areas of security and law.
Everything is smart & connected – And now?
You would be hard pressed to find a single area of technology in which digitalization is not making substantial headway. In an increasingly connected world, the emphasis is on ‘smart’ technology capitalizing on the possibilities offered by connectivity. Knowing that, it seems only logic that the automotive sector is undergoing a period of transition in order to stay competitive, redefining its position in an intelligent urban infrastructure on the way towards „Smart Cities“.
Be at the Forefront for new Mobility Solutions
As consumers move away from traditional vehicle ownership towards automated, electric and individualized mobility solutions, this presents challenges as well as opportunities not only for OEMs but for the entire urban mobility ecosystem, including IT and software providers, as well as city authorities, infrastructure providers and utilities.
All involved stakeholders have to learn that in this time collaboration across all verticals is key. At the VDI Smart Cars & Urban Mobility conference, you will be able to engage with experts, professionals and technological frontrunners in new mobility solutions, gain an edge in this fast-moving sector and find new solutions for your personal challenges.
GM / VDI - Automotive Blockchain Contest
Blockchain technology is disrupting today business crossing several areas: from fintech to logistic, from food traceability to automotive. You have an innovative Blockchain idea up your sleeve that could impress GM? Your concept has the potential to disrupt the automotive business by leveraging this technology? Your idea covers any area of the automotive field (logistic, supplier management, mobility…)? Then apply for the contest and thrill us!
GM will evaluate your ideas concerning 4 main criteria. You should try to meet them best possible!
- Task Fulfillment & Grade of Innovation: Does your idea meet the above mentioned challenge and is it innovative enough to innovate the automotive sector?
- Technical Feasibility: Is your idea scalable? Which Blockchain technology is it leveraging?
- Impact: Is the idea solving a big issue bringing a leap in value?
- Attractivity to GM: Why is your idea better than others? What’s the economical impact expected?
What kind of contribution do we expect?
Please hand in a Pitch presentation showing the concept, how it works, a practical example, mock-up or demo (if available). Show how the problem is solved with a feasibility study and underline how to address the scalability issue. Please send your contribution to Leonie Bohnstedt.
You can hand in your contribution from June 10th to October 5th 2018. Deadline exceedances cannot be taken into account. GM will make a final decision after the expiry of this deadline.
All eyes on YOU! We will publicize you and put YOUR idea into everybody’s focus! Winning this contest means that VDI will give you the chance to introduce your idea in a keynote presentation to major leading OEMs and further high-level audience on our conference „Smart Cars & Urban Mobility“ in Amsterdam. A large audience will get aware of your innovative solution and this could as well be your decisive step and the vital boost for your company! GM as host of this contest is certainly interested in your product as well. Convince them and they might be interested in a collaboration. Also a trophy will be handed to the winner during our award ceremony.
You think you can do that? Apply now & thrill us!
If you have further questions concerning the Blockchain challenge, please contact us directly! Technical questions will be forwarded to the GM committee!
Conference Topics & Agenda
The main topics of the international “Smart Cars & Urban Mobility” conference include:
- The Urban Mobility Ecosystem, Multimodal Mobility & Mobility Platforms
- Connected Vehicles in intelligent Infrastructure
- Legal Basics for smart connected Vehicles
- Data Handling & Data Sovereignty in an Urban Mobility Context
- The Urban Perspective: Mobility Challenges in Smart Cities of the Future
- Disruptive Automotive Business Models and alternative smart Urban Mobility Concepts
The agenda will boast of presentations given by internationally renowned experts and has been put together with the help of our supporting experts:
- Gerhard Greiner, ALP.Lab, Austria
- Steffen Schaefer, NZ Transport Agency, New Zealand
- Massimiliano Melis, GM Global Propulsion Systems, Italy
- Timur Pulathaneli ,Ford, USA
- Prof. Stephen Potter, The Open University, United Kingdom
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Chair’s Welcome and Opening Address
Gerhard Greiner, Director, ALP.Lab, Austria
I. The Urban Mobility Ecosystem
Future Transport Scenarios: Urban Mobility
Steffen Schaefer, Urban Mobility Innovator, New Zealand
Exploring the Links between the Urban Mobility Ecosystem and new Transport Technologies
Prof. Stephen Potter, Emeritus Professor of Transport Strategy, The Open University, United Kingdom
Networking & Coffee Break
Alternative Living and Consumption Spaces - The Future Role of Cars
Dr. Barbara Flügge, Founder, Barbara Flügge Consulting, Switzerland
Integrated Mobility - Understanding the Business and the Ecosystem
Hans Arby, CEO, UbiGo, Sweden
II. Connected Vehicles in Intelligent Infrastructure
Connected and Automated Driving with Cellular-V2X
Tim Wouda, MBA MSc, Head of Mobility & V2X Ecosystem, Ericsson, The Netherlands
Enabling new Mobility Experiences with Interior Cocoon Concepts
Moritz von Grotthuss, CEO, gestigon – a Valeo Brand, Germany
Smart Infrastructure for Smart Mobility
Ernst Luckner, VP Research & Development, SWARCO FUTURIT Verkehrssignalsysteme
Distributed Ledger Technologies meet Future Mobility
Benjamin Sinram, Head of Digitalization & Technology, Volkswagen AG, Germany
Networking & Coffee Break
The Role of Roads in an autonomous Vehicle Environment
Michael Dan Vardi, Co-Founder & CBO, Valerann, United Kingdom
Panel Discussion: Visions & Challenges of connected Vehicles: Disruptive Technologies, Infrastructure & Transformation
GM Blockchain Contest Winner
Contest Winner and Marco Girotto, Lead Embedded Controller and Design System Engineer, General Motors, Italy
End of conference day one
III. Disruptive Mobility Business Models
Mobility as a Service – The End of Car Ownership?
Sampo Hietanen, CEO and Founder, MaaS Global, Finland
Autonomous Driving Mobility Platforms: Knowing the Destination
Armin Fendrich, General Manager EMEA, Ridecell, Germany
Insights from existing on-demand Ridepooling Services worldwide
Jan Lüdtke, Director of Business Development Europe, Via Transportation, USA
New Mobility Services for City Centres
Richard Harris, Director Europe, Ohmio Automotion, United Kingdom
Networking & Coffee Break
Disrupting Long-Distance Mobility by unlocking Sharing Potential
Sarah Groetsch, MSc., Marketing Manager, BlablaCar, Germany
Panel Discussion: Serviceiation of the Auto-Industry
Moderator: Steffen Schaefer, Urban Mobility Innovator
IV. Legal Basics for smart connected Vehicles
GDPR and the connected Car Data Exchange
Freyja van den Boom, PHD Researcher, Bournemouth University, United Kingdom
V. The Urban Perspective: Alternative Mobility Concepts & Mobility Challenges in Smart Cities of the Future
The Singapore Story – Our Perspectives on Urban Mobility
Shin Poh, Regional Director Europe, Singapore Economic Development Board,
Tackling the Challenges of data-driven Smart Mobility: Use Cases for the Brainport Region
Niels Wiersma, Senior Business Consultant, Municipality of Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Networking & Coffee Break
Urban Air Mobility - Your new Departure Gate is your Garage!
Dr. oec HSG Markus Hess MBA, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Pal-V, The
Mobility Challenges for Smart Cities, don’t trip at the Kerb
Ben Boutcher-West, Head of Mobility, AppyParking, Uited Kingdom
Conference chair‘s closing remarks
End of Conference
If you have any questions regarding the conference program or you want to become a speaker, please contact Leonie Bohnstedt.
Who is this conference for?
Attending the VDI Smart Cars & Urban Mobility conference is a must for professionals, management, experts and specialists working in the following areas:
- OEMs & major Suppliers
- Smart Mobility Service Solutions or MaaS and Car IT Specialists
- Software and Data Platform Providers
- IoT Experts (focused on Mobility)
- Urban Planning
- City and Transport Authorities responsible for Smart Mobility
- Municipal Utilities and Infrastructure Providers
- Urban Mobility Startups
The Framework Program – 3 Conferences for the price of 1
As a participant of the “Smart Cars & Urban Mobility” conference you will be able to attend the parallel international VDI conferences “Autonomous & Electric Buses” and “Charging Infrastructure for Electromobility” at no additional cost. The joint evening event on the first day of the conference is a perfect opportunity to establish new contacts and offers excellent networking opportunities. Attendants and presenters from all three conferences will come together in a relaxed environment with food and drinks.
Also don’t miss to attend our one of our three international Workshops, taking place the day before the conference and profit from an attractive package price:
- “Designing the City of Tomorrow – Shaping a Smart City Scenario”: Explore the construct of a smart City from an inside perspective
- "3rd Gen Blockchain Technologies": Learn everything you need to know about IOTA and Blockchain Technology
- "Cyber Security in Public Transport": Get an overview on public known cyber security issues gain insight on the motivation of hackers and what they might possible do
You want to engage with international experts in Amsterdam, a global leader in urban mobility? You’re interested in how the urban mobility landscape and business models will change to accommodate smart cars, individual mobility demands and connected infrastructure? If you’d like to know how your company can stay successful given the changing environment in the wake of the digital transformation, book your ticket for the Smart Cars & Urban Mobility conference now.
If you are a startup or public funded / state owned enterprise you might qualify for a special discounted rate. Please contact us directly.
The event is currently not available for booking.
We will inform you by email as soon as it is possible to book the event again.
By sending through your contact details, you won’t miss any further updates about our events.
Experts of the following companies are supporting the conference:
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the conference participants at the conference venue. Please use the reference "181127VDIW" when booking your room by phone (+31 20 655 3131) or e-mail.
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message