2nd Smart Construction Equipment 2018
- Learn about and discuss current challenges and opportunities in construction brought about by digitalization, connectivity, automation and big data.
- Find out how you can connect your machines on site and manage equipment from various suppliers.
- See how construction processes can be optimized using up-to-date technology, off-site construction and BIM.
- Discuss how automation, the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence will affect the construction industry.
- Learn about automation from other industries: Examples from agriculture and the automotive industry.
- Network with your colleagues and internationally renowned experts in the field at formal and informal get-togethers.
- Visit the VDI Tunnel Construction Conference taking place at the same time and network with presenters from Herrenknecht, Bouygues Construction, Ferrovial Agroman, PORR AG, Implenia and many more.
The construction site is getting smarter and this leads to new challenges for all parties involved. The 2nd VDI Smart Construction Equipment conference will discuss these challenges to the construction industry in the face of increasing digitalization, automation, the rise of big data and other current technological developments. In a series of informative discussions, presentations and networking sessions, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with international experts in the field. Get an overview of the potential changes in the market and see how you can position yourself and your company to take advantage of these changes in the best possible way.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Building and Construction Surveying with Laser Scanning Technology
Author : Prof. Dr. Alexander Reiterer, Fraunhofer Institute for Physical Measurement Techniques IPM
Building upon current Trends
Digitalization, automation and big data are affecting just about all areas of modern industry. The construction sector is no exception and there is a clear need for new ideas and new approaches to deal with changing client demands and practices. Efficiency is a key factor and new developments in technology make it easier to optimize performance, safety and process metrics. The 2nd VDI Smart Construction Equipment conference will introduce you to the challenges and opportunities increasing digitalization will bring to the industry, and give you an overview of how the coming changes will affect you and your company.
Leading experts from companies such as Strabag, Zeppelin, Caterpillar, Volvo Construction Equipment, Hochtief Vicon, Microsoft, the Fraunhofer Institute and many more will discuss and offer insight into best practice, new developments and future outlooks in the construction industry. Profit from in-depth analysis and exchange ideas and experiences with your colleagues and internationally renowned presenters.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Who is the VDI Smart Construction Equipment Conference for?
This VDI conference is ideal for managers, senior engineers, senior executives and specialists in construction equipment and mobile machine production, as well as suppliers to the equipment industry and construction companies. The topics discussed will be of particular interest to people working in the following areas:
- Research & Development
- Electric & electronics Systems
- Telematics & driver assistance Systems
- Software applications
- Business Innovation & Development
- Product Management
- Site Management
- Fleet management
- Construction surveys
Expand your network
Engage with participants and presenters from both the VDI Smart Construction Equipment and Tunnel Construction conferences at the evening get-together. Last year’s Smart Construction Equipment Conference saw over 90 participants from the industry, so take the opportunity to expand your network with international colleagues and experts!
You’re interested in how digitalization, automation and big data will affect the construction site of the future? You’d like to know about the challenges and opportunities presented by new developments and changes in technology? Then book your space at the VDI Smart Construction Equipment Conference now.