International VDI Workshop - Adaptive Urban ansport: Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand
The international VDI Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport – Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand” is devoted to adaptive mobility offers in urban areas. Amongst other things, you will find out about the technologies that allow you to capture the actual usage of vehicles in real time and to predict the expected demand as accurately as possible. This knowledge will put you in a position to be able to plan and realize attractive and cost-efficient transport solutions.
Develop innovative mobility offers with the design thinking method
The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically changed mobility behavior. However, shared transport servicesare and will be indispensable in urban areas for ecological, economic and social reasons.. The challenge for providers of mobility solutions lies in supplying sufficient capacity at busy times with enough space for each passenger on the one hand and avoiding cost-intensive over capacity on the other. The dilemma can be solved by adapting services to demand in real-time. Smartphone apps, sensors, cameras, wireless networks, and Big Data analytics can help sensing occupancy.
The international VDI Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport – Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand” will follow a well-defined innovation process, starting with understanding the challenge all the way through to the validation of solutions with prototypes. You will be encouraged to actively participate in the workshop by using the Design Thinking method, which help to solve complex problems and develop innovative ideas.
This VDI workshop is the perfect addition to the international VDI Conference “Future of Buses”. You can profit from a combined combination price by booking both events together.
The VDI Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport – Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand” will cover the following areas, amongst others:
- Capturing the number of guests in vehicles and at stations, detecting the occupancy
- Prediction of short-term demand and available capacity
- Optimization of fleet operation, drivers, servicing, energy provision, and other factors
- Cooperation between transport operators , vehicle manufacturers and suppliers, energy suppliers and other actors in the mobility sector
- User Experience (UX) and aspects of data protection
- Finding meaningful innovations: Understand, Define, Ideate, Decide, Realize & Validate Prototypes
- A view on the future of transportation
Who should take part?
The international VDI Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport – Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand” is aimed at professionals and management, whose tasks include the planning, development or the operation ofmobility solutions. In particular:
- Transportation companies
- Mobility providers
- Transport solution planers
- Developers of mobility solutions and products
- Vehicle OEMsand suppliers
- Utility companies and municipal works
- Financial services for the mobility sector
Your Workshop Leaders
The workshop will be led by Steffen Schaefer, New Mobility / Smart Cities Advisor and Cindy Hadhri, Innovation Coach & Mobility Expert.
You would like to optimize your mobility operations by adapting services to demand in real time? You’re looking for a workshop where you can bring in your own questions and develop new, innovative ideas? Then book your ticket now for the international VDI Workshop “Adaptive Urban Transport – Sensing Occupancy and Predicting Demand”.
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message