Drones in Agriculture
The VDI "Drones in Agriculture" Special Day shows you which drones are available for use in agriculture and presents strategies for drone applications. You will learn about the potentials and limitations of this future technology in detail and get insight into the legal framework conditions. Numerous best practices ensure high practical relevance.
Aerial reconnaissance enables "smart" agriculture
Drones as well as "smart farming” concepts are an essential element of precision agriculture. Equipped with special sensors and cameras, they supply time and site-specific detailed information on the condition of the crops and soil. With this knowledge, farmers can utilise their resources much more efficiently.
The "Drones in Agriculture" Special Day gives you an overview of the drones available on the market and shows you what strategies and concepts have proven themselves when using the practical flying aids.
Learn more about the following topics during the Special Day:
- Types of drones and sensors for use in agriculture
- State of the art and future developments
- Potentials and limitations in the different application fields such as the monitoring of plant health, yield prediction, pest damage, and much more.
- Integration of the data collected in the agricultural operational management
- Cost/benefit ration: Drones vs. standard techniques
Book the special day together with the "Smart Farming” International VDI Conference which will be held on the following days. Exchange ideas with leading experts and discuss the latest technological developments in the agricultural sector. If you book jointly, you benefit from discounted combined prices.
Image Processing and Information Extraction
Different Applications and required Information – Theoretical Background and Case Studies with Cost Benefit Discussion
General Work Flow
Who is the event aimed at?
The VDI "Drones in Agriculture" Special Day appeals to experts and executives who use, manufacture or distribute drones for agricultural applications. These include in particular:
- Farmers and agricultural cooperatives
- Development engineers, design engineers and purchasers of agricultural machinery manufacturers
- Suppliers of components and units from the areas of automation, automatization, sensors, electronics
- Robotics/robot manufacturers with a focus on agricultural technology
- Agricultural consultants
- Developers and manufacturers of software solutions and farm management systems
Take advantage of the 20 years of practical experience of your special day leader
Dr. Hans-Peter Thamm, Managing Director and founder of IGT Integrated Geo-Technologies, as well as CEO of Aerolution GmbH, will lead the "Drones in Agriculture” Special Day. He has more than 20 years of experience in remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS) and modelling. For over 10 years, he has been involved in the integration of UASs (unmanned aircraft system) in agriculture within the framework of projects all over the world.
Sign up now for the special day
Do you want to acquire extensive knowledge on of the use of drones in agriculture? Would you like to find out about the potential of this technology? Then book "Drones in Agriculture” Special Day now. If you would like to book the special day together with the "Smart Farming” International Conference, you will receive a discounted Price.
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.