International VDI Conference - Tunnel Construction
- Discuss international projects and current developments in the tunneling industry with international colleagues and experts.
- Hear from and connect with specialists from companies such as Herrenknecht, Laing O'Rourke, PORR AG, Bouygues Construction, Ferrovial Agroman, Implenia, Babendererde, GEODATA and many more
- Find out about how international contracts are awarded and see how Building Information Modeling can help in planning a tunnel project.
- Learn more about different excavation methods and rare construction techniques
- See how the digitized tunnel construction site impacts the industry today and in the future.
- Visit the 2nd VDI Smart Construction Equipment conference, taking place at the same time and network with speakers from Hochtief Vicon, Strabag, Caterpillar, Volvo Construction Equipment, Microsoft, Zeppelin Baumaschinen, the Fraunhofer Institute IPM and many more.
- Make valuable new contacts in the networking sessions such as World Cafés, round table discussions and the evening get-together with participants from both conferences
The VDI Tunnel Construction conference will bring international experts and key players from the industry together to discuss important issues such as building information modeling, excavation and construction methods, inner-city projects, maintenance and retrofitting as well as digitalization and innovative new technologies. Find out about the challenges and opportunities for tunnel construction and how new and creative ideas will keep you ahead in the marketplace.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Variable Density TBM – Combining two Soft Ground TBM Technologies
Author : Karin Bäpler, Frédéric Battistoni, Werner Burger, Herrenknecht AG
Stay on top of important developments Underground
Working and building underground is one of the most demanding challenges the building industry faces. The underground space offers many possibilities, but using it to its full capacity still proves to be a world-wide challenge. The increasing digitalization of the construction site and an expanding urban population mean that underground construction needs to move at a more rapid pace. Thus, it’s important to stay on top of new developments in tunnel technology, safety and planning. The VDI Tunnel Construction conference is the ideal venue to meet with tunnel-business experts and colleagues to discuss the future of this fast-moving and growing industry.
A truly international event, this conference brings together specialists from all over Europe, to engage in discussions, exchange experiences and network. With a conference program developed in cooperation with Dr. Martin Herrenknecht, you will have the opportunity to learn about practical examples of tunneling practice around the world as well as new innovations, technologies and methods.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Who is the VDI Tunnel Construction conference for?
This VDI conference is ideal for senior engineers, managers and senior executives working in construction companies, engineering and planning, third party supply companies, contractors as well as national and regional authorities responsible for tunnel projects.
Expand your network and connect with international experts
Engage with participants and presenters from both the VDI Smart Construction Equipment and Tunnel Construction conferences at the evening get-together. The chairman of this year’s event is Dr. Martin Herrenknecht, founder and CEO of Herrenknecht, worldwide market leader in mechanized tunneling technology.
You’d like to stay on top of the international developments in the tunneling industry? You’re interested in networking and engaging with international experts and specialists in tunneling, construction and innovation? Then book your space at the VDI Tunnel Construction conference now!