International VDI Workshop - Turning Data into Value
- Learn about the potential value data provides and how it can be harnessed for farming and agriculture
- Gain insight into business understanding, data preparation, modeling, evaluation and the underlying technology
- Gain insight from leading international experts in the field of data engineering and AI and discuss current challenges and opportunities in the industry with your peers
The International VDI Turning Data into Value Workshop is part of the 4th international Smart Farming conference and will give you an overview of proven methodology to increase the value of data. Using relevant smart farming examples as a basis, you will learn about data preparation, modeling, evaluation and the underlying technology. This workshop will also consider the challenges using data presents and why some projects have not delivered the expected value in the past.
Making data work for you
Data has enormous potential to deliver value and make processes and projects more efficient. However, in some cases data has not quite lived up to its expectations when it comes to farming. With the help of leading international experts, this VDI workshop will consider how data can provide maximum value based on actual and relevant smart farming examples. You will receive an overview of proven methodologies and gain deep insight into how data can be made more useful in agriculture based on business understanding, data preparation, modeling, evaluation and the underlying technology. Data analysis is a team sport and it’s imperative to find a common understanding of the information at hand to make the best use of it. When it comes to smart farming, which is understood as the optimization of agricultural production with digital and technological means, the potential for data to make a difference is great. This workshop is a must for professionals and management who want to begin to harness the power of data and for those who have already begun working with data-driven projects.
The international VDI Turning Data into Value workshop is a practice-oriented workshop, which will focus on the following areas:
- Towards more automation in agriculture
- Digital integration platforms
- Farm data value
- Key enabling technologies
- Addressing ecological sustainability with smart farming
- When the digital meets the physical: an automation journey
- Autonomous tractors – A short term reality?
- How to create a digital data ecosystem with the farmer at the wheel
- Combining flexible agricultural services and data sovereignty
- Motivation & Overview
- Alignment to Smart Farming EcoSystems
- Derive Business Goals, Propositions and Models
- Identify Data Sources and determine Quality
- Methods for Data Preparation, Analysis, Modeling
- Methods to assess Business Value
- Integration and Deployment
- Discussion & Conclusions
Who should take part
This workshop is ideal for professionals, management and decision-makers in the agricultural industry. This includes those who believe there is no value in data or have data at hand that they cannot work with yet, as well as those who have already begun working with data and would like to expand their skills and harness its potential.
Your workshop chairs
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Jedlitschka, Head of the Department of Data Engineering and AI and Dr. Julien Siebert, Senior Engineer AI, at the Fraunhofer Institute for Experimental Software Engineering (IESE), Germany.
Book your ticket for Turning Data into Value
You’re interested in how the data value provides for agriculture and farming can be harnessed? You’d like to learn about data preparation, modeling, evaluation and the underlying technology behind using data in agriculture on the basis of actual use-cases and practical scenarios? Then book your ticket for the international VDI Turning Data into Value Workshop now.
Benefit from our Package Price: Workshop + Conference
Secure your personal package price by booking the 4th international Smart Farming conference in combination with the international Workshop the day prior to the conference “Turning Data into Value”.
The event is currently not available for booking.
We will inform you by email as soon as it is possible to book the event again.
By sending through your contact details, you won’t miss any further updates about our events.
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message