For over 40 years, this congress has given plastics in automotive engineering a stage and shown that virtually nothing is possible without this fantastic material. New innovation in the technology and construction of plastic has consistently shown how important plastics are for our mobility. The most exciting innovations are traditionally seen and experienced with us in Mannheim. The industry meet brings together over 1,400 experts from over 12 countries together every year.
You’ll hear from specialists from vehicle manufacturers such as Adam Opel, AUDI, BMW, DAF Trucks, Daimler, Ford, MAN Truck & Bus, Porsche, Renault and VW, who will outline there experiences in the manufacturing of current components and new materials. Deepen your own professional exchange with your colleagues at our trade exhibition, running at the same time. There you can expect to find over 120 selected exhibitors along the entire process chain.
The VDI PIAE congress has accompanied and discussed several major developments in the automotive industry in its forty-year history. Now is no different, with the automobile and its industry in a substantial period of change. Trends such as automated driving and the electrification of the drivetrain are coupled with societal changes that come from digitalization and changing demands of mobility. Our congress has always offered contemporary insight into plastics in automotive engineering. And in order ton continue to do so in future, we’ve created a new design for the structure of the congress. This was based on surveying participants from the last ten years.
- High quality of presentations through a call for papers and selection by the program committee
- New Mobility Area shows you automotive trends on real-world examples
- Interactive discussions: engage in exchange with other experts and discuss questions about plastics technology while making new contacts
- Parallel-running workshops guarantee detailed technical insights and knowledge transfer
Congress target audience
- All decision makers along the value chain
- Research and development
- Scientific members of colleges and research institutes