Marketplace of the industry: Plastics in Automotive Engineering
For more than 40 years, the international VDI Plastics in Automotive Engineering conference in Mannheim has been throwing light on the traditional themes areas of interior, exterior, simulation, materials/technologies, engine/technology and, of course, the key issue of lightweight design. Nowadays even recent topics, such as Industry 4.0 and 3D printing, or hot topics, such as sustainability and recycling, are also moving further into the focus of discussion.
Hardly any other material can compete with plastic as regards efficiency, flexibility and functionality. Due to its properties in production and processing we can tailor plastic materials precisely to requirements in terms of design, comfort and pleasant ambience. When you consider that vehicles, both cars and commercial vehicles, are regarded less and less as simply a means of covering a distance but are also places of work, these are aspects which are becoming increasingly important.
In addition to the traditional topic areas you can experience papers dealing with these fields:*
- Technological trends in the era of sustainability: growth and resources
- Measures for CO2 reduction: aerodynamic optimization and lightweighting
- Innovation technology: slush technology, efficiency through time and material savings
- State-of-the-art technology for the production and testing of recycled materials
- Future materials: body parts made of hybrid materials
- Modern prevention of electrochemical corrosion
- Process efficiency with Industry 4.0
*The detailed program will be available from mid-December, 2016.
Why take part?
Media Partners 2017
The event will start in: