There are several ways you can speak at our congresses, conferences and seminars.
- You can submit a proposal online or you can approach us directly.
- You can apply through a call for speakers.
- You can be approached by an event product manager if you’ve been identified as an expert on a particular topic.
Speaking at Conferences and Conventions
The product manager is responsible for the design and content of an event. They will work together with you to clarify the subject and purpose of your paper. In some cases, they will consult with specialist managers and supporting experts.
The experts are chosen following an evaluation of the needs of the event’s delegates. The aim is to provide participants with relevant expert advice and knowledge, and your presentation is key to this. That’s also why, in the spirit of professional exchange, we kindly ask you to refrain from conveying advertising information.
Procedure for Speakers at Conferences and Conventions
Once the presentation’s content has been clarified together with the product managers, we require a title and a set of summarizing bullet points for publication in the program brochure. Additionally, we need to receive a copy of your presentation at least 4 weeks before the event. Templates can be found here.
Approximately 1-2 weeks before the event you will receive a final “check-list” with information about the organizational process on site. Further, we automatically register you as a speaker prior to the event..
After the event, your presentation slides and/or summaries will be made available to the participants as a special service. These will only be available to download from a protected site and we will only use documents approved by yourself or your company.
Becoming a Speaker at our Seminars
Our seminars are designed to transfer knowledge to engineers and technical specialists. With your specialist guidance and support, 6 to 15 participants spend two days learning about a subject intensively. Focusing on both theory and practice, the aim is to allow participants to apply the knowledge they acquire to their own work.
Our VDI Wissensforum seminars provide a constructive environment where specialists come together to learn in an open forum and benefit from the knowledge of leading experts. That’s what makes these seminars special. You are key in making this process possible and we look forward to working with you to provide training at the highest level.
Procedure for Speakers at further Training Courses
- Agreement of agenda, objectives and dates with the product manager when applying for the seminar.
- We require your seminar documents approximately three weeks before the seminar to prepare the manual for participants.
- Final organizational information is forwarded to you approximately one week before implementation to allow you to make preparations.
- On site: you are accompanied by us, the implementation is in your hands; in the end, each participant receives a certificate.
- At the end of the seminar, we ask you to collect the assessment sheets and send them to us for evaluation. After the event, you receive the accounting forms from us.