Accompanying events 2017
Parallel to the "Drivetrain in vehicles” International Congress, the VDI symposia "Control solutions for transmissions 2017" and "Transmissions in commercial vehicles" will be held in Bonn. Participants who have signed up for one of the events, can also attend the lectures series of the other events.
3rd VDI Conference "Control solutions for transmissions"
The "Control of transmissions" Conference discusses the advantages of a transmission control including optimised handling, improved shifting comfort and the reduction of noise emissions as well as fuel consumption.
The following aspects are the focus of the conference:
- Sensors and actuators
- Functional safety
- Electronic and hydraulic control
- HMI and driver Interface
- Driving strategies like Car-to-X and cloud
The conference is under the technical direction of Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Schrickel. He is director of the Drivetrain Control product range at Robert Bosch GmbH.
Mr. Schrickel is supported by this high-profile panel of experts:
- Dipl.-Ing. Harald Deiss, VP, Head of Development, Division Industrial Technology, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Auerbach
- Dipl.-Ing. Stephan Rebhan, Vice President Engineering, Business Unit Transmission, Continental, Division Powertrain, Conti Temic microelectronic GmbH, Nuremberg
- Dr. Günter Ebinger, Managing Director, hofer driveline GmbH, Flörsheim am Main
- Dipl.-Ing. Manfred Homm, Head of Electronics/Hydraulics, Transmission Development, Daimler AG, Stuttgart
- Jeff Waterstredt, Engineering Manager – Advanced Hydraulic Controls, Development Center, BorgWarner Inc., Auburn Hills, USA
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Siegfried Ritter, Director of Product Management, Transmission Control, Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart
For more information, please visit the conference website "Control solutions for transmissions".
5th VDI conference „Transmissions in commercial vehicles“
The "Transmissions in commercial vehicles" is the industry event for transmission experts. With its emphasis on transmissions in commercial vehicles and innovations and trends in the industry, it is unique in Europe.
The conference includes these topics:
- Current market trends and how they affect the engineering
- Different transmission and drive concepts and their current development
- Components such. B. Retarder and couplings
- Different operating strategies
Thomas Landsherr will direct the conference. He is Vice President of Engineering Driveline of MAN Truck & Bus AG.
An expert panel, consisting of industry representatives from the commercial vehicle sector, supports Dr. Döbereiner in the technical direction of the conference:
- Jürgen Vollmar, Director Powertrain Transmission, Truck Product Engineering, Daimler
- Magnus Mackaldener, Engineering Director, Head of Transmission Development, Scania
- Pascal Hervet, R&D Director, Valeo Transmission
- Klaus Steinel, Head of Transmission Development, Commercial Vehicle Technology, ZF Friedrichshafen
- Dipl. Ing. Klaus Lippitsch, Chief Engineer – Global, MAGNA Powertrain
More information is available on the website of the conference "Transmissions in commercial vehicles".