4. International VDI Conference - Connected Off-Highway Machines
- Learn more about the impact of the Digital Transformation on the Off-Highway Industry
- Find out about current developments in the area of Connectivity and Data Management, as well as Autonomous Mobile Machines and Artificial Intelligence
- Meet peers from the agricultural, mining and construction Industry and discuss latest findings and trends
- Register for the “Connected Off-Highway Machines” conference and visit our parallel conferences “Electrified Off-Highway Machines” and “Smart Farming” free of extra charge
When hearing about connectivity and automation, most people think of the automobile industry. Autnomous car technologies and driverless cabs have been discussed often in recent days. However, connectivity and automation is not only limited to automobiles. In the Off-Highway Industries mobile machines become increasingly connected and drive (semi-) autonomously already. These new technologies revolutionize the industry: They increase productivity and efficiency while reducing costs and making working conditions in harsh environments safer. Our 4th international VDI conference “Connected Off-Highway Machines”, taking place on May 14 and 15, 2019 in Dusseldorf, offers an ideal platform to discuss latest technology trends with international experts.
Free of charge whitepaper download
Digital Infrastructure for Mobile Machines
Author: Håkan Andersson, Ericsson
Smart Future for the Off-Highway Industry?
All major players of the Off-Highway Industry are working on smart technologies and solutions. Automation, connectivity and digital processes have many benefits. However, there are still many challenges and questions ahead: How do connectivity and automation impact business models? How to really benefit from Big Data? How to integrate artificial intelligence in Off-Highway Machines? When and how will fully Autonomous Off-Highway Machines become a reality? How does the role of the worker change?
Our 4th international VDI conference “Connected Off-Highway Machines”, taking place on May 14 and 15, 2019 in Dusseldorf, is dedicated to these challenges and questions. The following topics will be discussed:
- New & Alternative Business Models for Connected and Autonomous Mobile Machines
- The Way towards Autonomous Mobile Machines
- Autonomous Use Cases from Mining, Construction and Agriculture
- Connectivity Challenges and Value of Data
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Technology
- Out-of-the-Box: Perspectives on Connectivity and Automation from the Automobile and Aerospace Industries
If you have technology insights or a best practice example to share, contact Maria Baumeister.
We are currently preparing the final program for you. You will soon be able to download it here.
Visit us in Dusseldorf, listen to best practice examples and meet international experts. The conferences “Electrified Off-Highway Machines” and “Smart Farming” will take place parallel. In 2018, almost 450 experts and specialists attended the event – Use your chance, become also part of this network and join us in 2019!
Who should attend the conference?
The "Connected Off-Highway Machines" Conference is aimed at engineers, technologists, designers and specialists from mobile machine manufacturers and suppliers of the off-highway industry, in particular managers and staff from:
- Electric and electronics systems
- Telematics, drivers assistance Systems
- Software development
- Mobile machine control Solutions
- Communication technologies Departments
This international conference provides a professional forum for all experts who are working in the fields of Connected Off-Highway Machines, Automation and IT for mobile machines to exchange experiences and ideas.
Secure your seat now and benefit from parallel conferences
Do you want to find out more about current challenges and new chances in the area of "Connected Off-Highway Machines"? Then reserve a place at the "Connected Off-Highway Machines" conference now. In addition, also benefit from our parallel conferences on “Electrified Off-Highway Machines” and “Smart Farming” free of extra Charge.
Dr. sc. nat. Anton Demarmels Ammann Schweiz AG / Langenthal
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Martin Frank Volvo Construction Equipment Germany GmbH / Konz
Michael Gomes Topcon Agriculture / Livermore
Jeff Herrin Danfoss Power Solutions (US) Company / Ames
Dipl.-Ing. Eugen Schobesberger Liebherr-France SAS / Colmar
Vik Vandecaveye CNH Industrial Belgium N.V. / Zedelgem
Become an exhibitor or sponsor
Are you missing something?
Do you need more information about this event? Then please feel free to send us a message.Write a message