Connected Off-Highway Machines 2017
The world is becoming increasingly connected. Not only everyday devices are connected to the internet and to each other but also in the off-highway industry automation and connectivity are the most important trends. The automation process and telematics solutions provide many benefits for off-highway machine operators already. They help to increase productivity, equipment reliability, operability, energy efficiency and safety. However, there are still many challenges and questions related to this process that need to be discussed. How are processes optimized in practice? How to deal with Big Data volumes and which potentials do they offer? What is the new role of the machine user? How to do secure software updates? What are challenges related to the use of fully autonomous machines?
New potentials and challenges for the off-highway industry
Automation and connectivity challenge the traditional business models of the off-highway industry. New technologies, data management and partnering models are altering current working procedures. Connectivity and data management solutions are key enablers for productivity improvements related to mobile off-highway machines. For instance, today data can be transferred via the mobile network and helps the drivers of the mobile machine to make proper decisions. A good fleet management and remote condition monitoring increases uptimes, reduces stress and eventually leads to more efficiency and less costs. Moreover, other driver assistance systems such as camera and sensor systems or cloud based diagnostics promise to facilitate work processes and make them safer. However, connected and cloud solutions are always security-critical. Thus, reliable cyber security solutions need to be found.
Our 2nd international VDI conference “Connected Off-Highway Machines”, taking place on March 28 and 29, 2017 in Dusseldorf, offers an ideal platform to discuss latest technology trends with international experts. Listen to use cases and talk with peers from all over the world about process optimization, driver assistance systems, digital transformation, data management, security challenges and autonomous mobile machines . In 2016, almost 200 international experts and specialists attended the event – become also part of this network and join us in 2017!
- Find out more about current challenges related to the digital transformation
- Hear about new technologies
- Get informed about new developments in process optimization, driver assistance and Big Data handling
- Learn about future trends and autonomous mobile machines
- Discuss latest findings with international experts from off-highway OEMs, suppliers and software solution providers
- Meet peers from the off-highway industry including agricultural and forestry machines, construction, road building and mining machines and other off-highway vehicles and mobile machines
- Register for the “Connected Off-Highway Machines” conference and visit our parallel conferences “Autonomous Trucks” and “Smart Farming” free of extra charge
Who should attend the conference?
The "Connected Off-Highway Machines" Conference is aimed at engineers, technologists, designers and specialists from mobile machine manufacturers and suppliers of the off-highway industry, in particular managers and staff from:
- Electric and electronics systems
- Telematics, drivers assistance systems
- Software development
- Mobile machine control solutions
- Communication technologies departments
This international conference provides a professional forum for all experts who are working in the fields of Connected Off-Highway Machines, Automation and IT for mobile machines to exchange experiences and ideas.
Secure your seat now and benefit from parallel conferences
Do you want to find out more about current challenges and new chances in the area of "Connected Off-Highway Machines"? Then reserve a place at the "Connected Off-Highway Machines" conference now. In addition, also benefit from our parallel conferences on “Autonomous Trucks” and “Smart Farming” free of extra charge.
Get involved in “Connected Off-Highway Machines 2017” – Call for Papers
Are you an expert in the field of Off-Highway Machines and Connectivity? Would you like to speak at our conference?
We are looking for speakers with expertise in the following areas:
- Smart technologies for increasing productivity and process optimization
- Big Data and data management
- Driver assistance systems (sensors, cameras, innovative user interfaces etc.)
- Remote maintenance
- Cloud technologies
- Cyber security solutions
- Safety requirements for off-highway machines
- Drones for off-highway applications
- Autonomous mobile machines
The topics should all be seen in relation to the mobile off-highway machines though it is not always explicitly mentioned.
If you think you have a story to share with our audience submit a speaking proposal to us. The deadline for submission is September 18, 2016. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The presentation should last 45 minutes including 5-10 minutes for questions and answers. The congress language is English. Thus, the proposal and presentation should also be provided in English. No simultaneous translation will be available.
Speakers (one person per presentation) participate in the congress free of charge. Travel and other costs will normally not be reimbursed. Special conditions apply to universities and public administrations. If you are working for a university or public administration and you are interested in speaking at our event, please contact Katharina Neumann:
|28.03 - 29.03.2017||Düsseldorf||available||1640 €|
A limited number of rooms has been reserved for the benefit of the event participants.